Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, since buying my k9 its always had this problem but it only does it rarely so its never really bothered me. But im hope some could shed some light on it for me and i will try get it sorted just in case it gets worse later on.
Anyways the problem is that during relatively moderate to hard riding it randomly feels like the bike cuts out for a split second, it doesn't stall or anything just loses power then back to normal.

Anyone ever had a similar problem?

·
Registered
265 Posts
haha, iv been having this exact problem with the L1 I just bought, I got on to post about it and saw this.

In checking it it seems that the sidestand switch is easily activated (by even the slightest movement of the sidestand).

Anyway, im going to get in and evaluate zip tying it or otherwise repairing it. Will call the dealer too and ask about wether the recall has been done...

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Just bridge the kickstand wires together and be done with it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did the zip tie fix yesterday (as well as tightening the bolts that were visibly loose :S)- mainly as a temporary fix as well as to truly ascertain that the fault was indeed the sidestand switch.

Indeed it was. Not cut outs the while day of riding. Winning.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
When the kickstand folds in, it pushes on a switch. The ECU requires this switch to be pushed to allow the bike to run, as a safety measure, so that you don't take off with the stand down. If the kickstand can wiggle too much when up, it might swing downwards enough to momentarily release the switch, which results in a momentary power cut. To see if that is your problem, you can use a ziptie to tie down the switch to the pressed position. If the problem stops, then the kickstand is the culprit and I suppose the first thing to do, would be to make sure everything is tightened down and to replace the springs holding the stand up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When the kickstand folds in, it pushes on a switch. The ECU requires this switch to be pushed to allow the bike to run, as a safety measure, so that you don't take off with the stand down. If the kickstand can wiggle too much when up, it might swing downwards enough to momentarily release the switch, which results in a momentary power cut. To see if that is your problem, you can use a ziptie to tie down the switch to the pressed position. If the problem stops, then the kickstand is the culprit and I suppose the first thing to do, would be to make sure everything is tightened down and to replace the springs holding the stand up.
Thank You!

I will do this asap!

Of course i will report back with the results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts