Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking for help here. First time posting in a forum so hopefully this is in the right place.

bike has 49,000 Kms
Stock headers, yoshimura mid pipe, and two brothers slip on. No power commander installed.

bike was running perfectly couple days ago, then started one day heard a subtle pop (figured back pressure) then proceeded to idle like shit with lots of white smoke that kind of turns to black smoke when giving throttle. But smoke doesnt go away, bike keeps dying at idle and when giving throttle.

bike had : brand new plugs which came out black and a little wet after problem happened. Clean air filter, good fuel pump, tested the fuel flow and it passed. But I cleaned the fuel filter screen anyway as well as every single injector which turned out fine.

bike shows no code, just _COO which I know means my TPS isn’t synced but that wouldnt cause white smoke anyway (something I will get to after) I also unplugged the o2 sensor and ran it with no change.

I did a compression test (cold since the bike barely starts) 3 cylinders got around 165psi and the last one had 150psi. I did the test again after dropping a tea spoon of oil into the cylinders and all number stayed the same. I don’t have the tools for a leak down test unfortunately

coolant level did not seem to drop much if at all, oil level went from middle of sight glass to me having to tip it toward me to see oil in the bottom.
I’m suspecting either exhaust valve seal or a head gasket. Any ideas ?

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Can you tell which cylinder is using oil ? Could it be the one with lower compression ? Is it running on 3 cylinders ? Looks like the head has to come off. But trying to pinpoint the problem so you know what to look for when it's apart is your goal. Hope someone on here has had the same issue. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts