Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had some muther f#[email protected] attempt to steal my K8 1000. Ive been told they jammed a screw driver into the ignition and chiselled away at the lock.

I haven't seen the bike yet as its in my parents garage so I don't know if my key still works in there or not. The police are coming today to dust for prints. My parents neighbours garage was also broken into :cursing

My question is, whats the go with the imobiliser.

If my ignition barrell is stuffed (sounds like it will be) can I just replace the ignition barrell , gas cap, trunk lock etc or am I going to have to get the gixxers body computer recoded?

The bike is fully insured but I don't know if its worth claiming as the excess is $1000 plus I might lose my no-claim-bonus

I hate thieves. They were lucky as f#@k I wasn't there when it happened. Or I'd be posting a different type of thread "how to hide the evidence"

You keep your bike in A1 condition for some drop kick to come and ruin it for you. I'm dreading going and looking at it. Worse thing is I'm at work and can't go and see it yet, so I'm going to stew over it all day. [email protected]!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Your going to have to get a locksmith to make tumblers that match your existing keys for your ignition lock. I don't even know if that is possible for a bike. The alternative apparently is not pleasant if you have to replace the keys.

Here is what one of your countrymen recently posted on the subject elsewhere...

Fastbikes, I can see you're a member, but I don't know if you're a bike thief or not. But I'm not gonna pass judgement on you. What I will do is fill our brothers in on this ****en immobiliser scam, particularly for those who don't yet have to contend with SAIS - Suzuki Antitheft Immobiliser System - which gives Suzuki Australia the ability to engage in blatant theft and similar activities which breach consumer protection laws - for which the government endorses!

This is how it worked for me, I bought a K8 at a salvage auction, (lots of busas are bought at salvage auctions), the bike was almost new but had been shunted up the arse. Easily and cheaply fixed. But here's the catch - no key was supplied!

Contact Suzuki dealer, no care. Need to buy new set of locks keys and ECU. How much? $4000? GET ****ED!

Now, I know that when you buy a new zook you get two keys. Each key has a transponder that is matched to your bike's ECU. I also know that Suzuki Australia (the importer) retains two extra matched keys. Just in case you lose yours.

Now. Try and get those keys from Suzuki Australia. Good luck. You will never get them. Not unless you know the secret handshake. I didn't. What I did know was how to track down the previous owner via the internet. He told me he'd supplied the keys to the auctioneer! Turns out the angelic bikie-looking guys at the gate had a habit of 'retaining' keys. Read into that what you will. Cut it short, they 'found' the keys and I started the bike.

Then I bought another zook at auction. It was advertised as having keys. Guess what? False advertising. Did the consumer affairs department help me out? No, not here. This is western australia, where the cops beat the royal commission into police corruption. What chance have you got? So I've got a zook that I can't start unless I bare my arse and wallet.

So if you're a bike thief, **** off. You already know how to steal a SAIS equipped busa, simply swap ecu and ignition and away you ride.

Camel
$4000 sounds a little high. The figure I usually hear is around $1400. Still not cheap.

Another guy in the same thread however said he found a local solution. If you get desperate enough PM me your email and I'll email him and see if he is interested in sharing his solution.

Worse case the ECUs can be reflashed to disable the immobilizer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fark!!!

I don't know yet if its going to be worth putting aninsurance claim in or not.

I can't get the key into the ignition at all so I can't even unlock the steering lock. So trying to get the bike onto a trailer is going to be hard enough.

Surely since I have the keys and the the code for the keys plus proof of ownership I can just get a new ignition not a whole new ECU

I am so f#@king angry

I did everything right. Locked in a lock up garage in a good neighbourhood, I have a dog in the yard, I put it under a bike cover, disk lock on, steering locked, immobilised... and some prick still thought they had the right to try and steal it.

It pisses me off because their attempt was never going to work, but it still ends up costing me money. :banghead

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,234 Posts
The main thing is that you have the key and the ECU that goes with it. Pull the steering stem head off and that will give you the ignition lock. Hopefully it will disassemble so a locksmith can fix the buggered keyway. Depending on how things are put together, you might be able to buy a non-immobilizer lock and swap out the broken bits. I see that they run about $150 on ebay.

I guess you need the dog in the garage.

·
Registered
474 Posts
the wiring diagram of immobilizer is on the service manual if i remember right... theres only one wiring difference from the non-immo keylock. Although the "secret" is in the ECU and Key. So you shouldnt have a problem changing the ignition lock as it doesnt "keep the secret"

·
Banned
882 Posts
Fark!!!

I don't know yet if its going to be worth putting aninsurance claim in or not.

I can't get the key into the ignition at all so I can't even unlock the steering lock. So trying to get the bike onto a trailer is going to be hard enough.

Surely since I have the keys and the the code for the keys plus proof of ownership I can just get a new ignition not a whole new ECU

I am so f#@king angry

I did everything right. Locked in a lock up garage in a good neighbourhood, I have a dog in the yard, I put it under a bike cover, disk lock on, steering locked, immobilised... and some prick still thought they had the right to try and steal it.

It pisses me off because their attempt was never going to work, but it still ends up costing me money. :banghead

You didn't do everything right. You owned something some bitch ass wanted. LOL I owned a k9 600 and a dickhead stole it.. now have a k9 750 with GAP coverage.. let them steal it.. I'll just get another one.

·
Registered
472 Posts
cut the head of old key... tape it to the side of the cylinder (new or old)..
Now you have bypassed the immobilizer..(good and bad)
This is how you bypass the VAT (vehicle anti theft)system on newer cars for remote start and such...
Not the answer to your problem.. just a suggestion

·
Registered
527 Posts
cut the head of old key... tape it to the side of the cylinder (new or old)..
Now you have bypassed the immobilizer..(good and bad)
This is how you bypass the VAT (vehicle anti theft)system on newer cars for remote start and such...
Not the answer to your problem.. just a suggestion
That is actually a brilliant idea. I wonder if just having it on the same keychain would be close enough to work. That way you would take it with you when you left the bike.

·
Registered
784 Posts
That is actually a brilliant idea. I wonder if just having it on the same keychain would be close enough to work. That way you would take it with you when you left the bike.
It gets confused if it picks up two chips. We have successfully wrapped the top of one key in aluminum foil so it only picked up the signal from the other key.

On the other hand, we also removed the chip and fixed it inside the sensor ring which worked as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I rung up my insurance.

My no claim bonus will drop from a 65% discount to 55% if I make a claim.

That's not too bad I guess. Only cost me about $100 more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
what good is an imbolizer if someone can actually drive by in a truck and load it onto it... BTW, how do you make the potential thief know that you have got an imbolizer installed?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,234 Posts
The immobilizer makes it harder to steal but doesn't make it impossible. The bike originally came with a warning label (37183-42F00) on the tank but that's no guarantee that some fool will read & understand it or won't try anyway. I guess that you could relocate the label to the steering head right next to the lock.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The immobilizer makes it harder to steal but doesn't make it impossible. The bike originally came with a warning label (37183-42F00) on the tank but that's no guarantee that some fool will read & understand it or won't try anyway. I guess that you could relocate the label to the steering head right next to the lock.
write it with neon light and you probably wont get 100% atention to it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
what good is an imbolizer if someone can actually drive by in a truck and load it onto it... BTW, how do you make the potential thief know that you have got an imbolizer installed?
:hammer UNREAL..
It is good that no one can Hot wire your bike and ride it away..
As with Anything if someone wants something bad enough they will take it from you!!! Even your ass!
Why label it??? let it take some more time to figure out...
Maybe he will get caught!:monkeyface

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I removed all of my stickers EXCEPT the SAIS immobiliser sticker. They obviously can't read and because I hadn't ridden my bike in ntwo days the immobiliser liught stops flashing to save the battery. I wish it didn't do that.

I've taken some photos of what they did.

I'll post them up later, I'm just off to get some quotes.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts