Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 GSXR 600 and it had been down on its left side one time. I was told it had a fresh oil change so i took it out for a spin and realized i was shooting smoke (Oil) out of my exhaust. I quickly made it home and checked the oil level to find the previous owner had over filled it by way too much. I changed the oil (MOBIL 1) and rode it around for about 2 days until the bike would start and then die and it gave me a FI light. I put it in dealer mode and C00 popped up (I let the FI come on die i didn’t flip the kill switch). After this i cleaned the airbox and the air filter (K&N), Changed the spark plugs, and Cleaned out the fuel pump filter strainer. After all of that i started the bike for the first time yesterday and was met with a blinking gas light and when i started the bike it ran perfectly fine then the FI popped up but disappeared 10 seconds after it popped up? The blinking gas light continues to happen so i’m wondering if i messed up while working on the fuel pump? And does anyone know why the FI comes on and off?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
Leave it in dealer mode while you start the bike. Alternately don't turn the ignition off when FI appears. Turning the ignition off clears the codes. It sounds like you're using a paper clip to enter dealer mode. Get a real dealer mode switch (≈$20).

Clearing out the strainer is ominous. You may shortly (or already) need a fuel filter.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,251 Posts
You might have damaged the fuel level float or wiring when you unnecessarily removed the fuel pump from the tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might have damaged the fuel level float or wiring when you unnecessarily removed the fuel pump from the tank.
Thankfully the Gas light went away after running it for a little bit and it is no longer an issue, the issue now I am completely confused about. Yesterday I went out and let the bike run and idle for a little bit and i had no issues at all while it was idling. Today i started the bike and it idled and then died (No FI) from here i tried to start it again and it would crank but would not start, i let it rest for a little and fired right up no issues and didn't die after that? I'm confused as to what it could be. Fuel pump primes everything sounds perfectly fine it just dies but then starts again and runs fine? Any ideas?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
Check that the clutch switch is installed and works. After that, you could try checking the ISC for carbon deposits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts