Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
So glad to c u doing well. Now sue the living shit out of that retarded mo-Fo.

99% of the time when you rear-end someone you are at fault for not giving yourself sufficient distance to slow yourself down....regardless if the person in front of you jams on the brakes or does something erratic......that's why you're supposed to follow at a safe distance.

·
Les lions Indomptables !
680 Posts
Damn, those pics are certainly not for the faint of heart. Man wish you the best...i mean the very best. Could have been worse.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Gear was as follows:
I was doing under a mile round trip, that being said "they say" 80% of accidents happen within 3 miles from your home...(or some shit like that)
This is true, but it's the dumbest statistic. 100% of the time you leave your house you're within a few miles. Therefor the higher percentage of accidents is going to happen by your house because you're always by your house...

An accident is an accident. It can happen pulling out of your drive way just as easy as it can 20 miles away, it just so happens that you're all most always within a few miles of your house. The odds are all the same.

Anyways good luck and wear gear next time maybe. In all honesty the leg isn't shit, it's probably the least painful compared to what you see these squids with their entire backs looking like your leg.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
99% of the time when you rear-end someone you are at fault for not giving yourself sufficient distance to slow yourself down....regardless if the person in front of you jams on the brakes or does something erratic......that's why you're supposed to follow at a safe distance.
It was a lengthy post so I will assume you didn't read it all... I was not following him I was traveling northbound and he cut across the two north bound lanes as he left from an apartment complex driveway...he was adjacent to my lanes of travel, imagine a T... Know what I mean now? Lol I was no where near at fault.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
glad you are gonna be ok, but wearing leathers would have saved you a lot of pain and suffering, no matter what "they" say. you would not have gotten injured nearly as bad had you been wearing proper gear.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I assume you are suing this guy. Just be careful about giving too many details on the internet. You never know who is watching.

I hope your recover quickly, man. Those pics are friggin NASTY!

Helmet probably saved your life. Shin protection might have saved a lot more.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
wow..serious stuff for sure..heck with the bike You can get another!!

Hope the guy has good insurance!!..if He pulled out in front of You it sounds like you had the right of way..

Get better soon and get a good lawyer!!

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
You have to thank God that it wasn't worse. Your alive and you will get well to walk again, thats what really matters. The bike is something that can be replaced so don't worry to much about that.

I wish you a speedy road back to convalescence. Take care and be well.

·
Jesus-On-Skates
5,281 Posts
Bad looking wreck, sorry about everything -

as for the damage, I think you're looking at a lot more then what you've given yourself. Have you spoken with insurance companies, his and yours? Has anyone filed a claim? Don't sign anything if you haven't yet...

You need to have the damage properly asessed (sp.). I would go so far to say that the bike may be totalled damages wise and you may be better off parting it out and buying a new ride.

I think you're being way too optimistic. The forks are likely to be ruined, the front and side fairings clearly are including tail, and with a collision like that, I wouldn't be surprised if the frame/subframe was bent. I'm sure you've suffered some radiator problems as well, and your tank is clearly fucked.

Best of luck either way.

·
Registered
445 Posts
That sucks!!! Hope you heal up soon.

If you do decide to take any sort of action, might want to leave out the in depth details of your observations. Traveling at 45mph, noticed the rig pulling out at 10 mph, then stops, then "begins" to roll backwards.....

I wasn't there and I'm not judging. Just kinda SOUNDS like everyday, avoidable traffic if you know what I'm saying. There are idiots everywhere and trying to anticipate their moves is dangerous!!! Get up on two wheels soon :cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
It would be very interesting to find out, what happened with this guys case. This should easily be $250,000 or more in damages. If the OP is around, would you mind dropping in for an update to this thread.

Nick

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
It would be very interesting to find out, what happened with this guys case. This should easily be $250,000 or more in damages. If the OP is around, would you mind dropping in for an update to this thread.

Nick
OP has not logged on since 2-10-14

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
31 Participants
oldgixxer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing