Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my first post be gentle with me :wink2: my K7 has just got to 15,000 miles I have owned it from new & it has had a service every 3500 miles its not had a hard life at all, anyway Suzuki recommend the valve clearance gets checked @ 14500 miles but I have spoken to two bike shop mechanics & they said the to leave it till around 25,000 miles at least as every K7 K8 the valves just will not need adjusting @ 15k miles unless it’s been constantly hammered, :hammer any advice would be greatly excepted :cheers

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Check it at 25,000 miles. No need right now. Keep hammering the shit out of it; you will be fine.

When that time comes, throw some Web Cams in it since you have it apart.:grin2:

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
Yes, completely disregard the manual that was produced by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I recently did mine on my k5, was a bit of a pain however it is manageable. Thankfully all was within spec however if I wasn't it'd be a motor out job. I don't see how you could get the timing right with the motor still in.

It is rare that they are out of spec however it is assurance.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Valve clearance done, 56k. Km. Now I have a start point, K7 1000. All within spec. And after reading other threads on this, there seams to be little or no ware after initial run in period.
Track only @12500 rpm, only. Next check 75,000 km.
Here is a pic of current clearance. In Millimeters.

These are fine. In brackets, is my estimation, as feeler gauges are .03 mm minimum.
As with :- .20 goes in loose, but .23 wont go in. so (.21). or .20 goes in but very tight so (.19)
Remember that you can push the valve down against the spring here and get a screwdriver in.
Re used all rubber gaskets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts