Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
441 - 460 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where Pin 17 (reset) and Pin 29 (fwe) terminate after they come out of the ecu? What I mean is they exit the ECU with their respective wires, do they terminate at a specific point, another connector perhaps?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All, pretty new to this so apologies for being so late to this subject.

I am looking for some instruction for making your own ecu flash interface. I understand you need a USB - TTL cable as a base but I am struggling to find the rest of the info on how to make up a interface cable for a K7 gixxer 1000 for use with ecueditor.

I would really appreciate a point in the right direction if possible. I understand you can buy these from woolich but i did want to have a go at making one.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the price of the usb cable, perhaps all of the plugs so I can make a few different cable setups. A bench setup with ecu plug and a in bike setup with the sds yosh plugs. Do you guys have any recommendations ?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,411 Posts
The K5/K6 ECM plugs had different key locations (and colors) and were not interchangeable. For K7/K8 one ECM plug is JAE MX23A36SF1 (I think).

Most other connectors are available from Eastern Beaver, among others. The 8 position SAP connector (body/pins/seals) is available as Kawasaki part 26011-1773. The 6 position SDS connector body is Sumitomo 6187-6561. Pins & seals are separate.

Hope you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The K5/K6 ECM plugs had different key locations (and colors) and were not interchangeable. For K7/K8 one ECM plug is JAE MX34036SF1 (I think). Check your ECM as it may be used in both locations.

Most other connectors are available from Eastern Beaver, among others. The 8 position SAP connector (body/pins/seals) is available as Kawasaki part 26011-1773. The 6 position SDS connector body is Sumitomo 6187-6561. Pins & seals are separate.

Hope you know what you're doing.
Thanks for the info about the plugs, yes the K7/K8 have two of the same plugs on the ECU.

I understand to flash in bike that i need to insert two wires in the ECU connector pin 17and pin 29 and and across to location #8 and location #5 on the yosh connector. But it is the construction of the flash interface using a pre built USB TTL cable like listed above and the SDS and Yosh plugs that i am wanting to make and any info that I can be pointed to would be awesome. Like the units sold by boost by smith or woolich.

If successful I wouldn't mind having a go at the bench flash harness as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes thank you very much for the pdf, that looks like the kind of info I am after but it looks different to what I think I need. The diagram shows only the yosh plug connection and what I can see I need the yosh and sds. But as I am not 100% I am asking the question. I will do some research on ecu hacking forum.

Yes I found a great and very detailed guide for the K5/K6 1000 but no good for me.

Thank you for your help so far.

·
10,411 Posts
I now think I got the K7 & up ECM connector part number wrong above. Furthermore pictures and JAE drawings suggest that the two connectors are not the same but have different keying as in K5/K6. As best I can tell, the JAE part numbers are MX23A36SF1 for the black plug and MX23A36SF2 for the grey.

·
10,411 Posts
The diagram shows only the yosh plug connection and what I can see I need the yosh and sds.
I think the answer is in post #1. Extra two wires in the ECM plug and they go to the Yosh connector.
The difference reflects two approaches to the interface. The first juggles existing wires around on the connectors so that only the Yosh/SAP connector is needed for flashing. Nothing new is needed. I've never been a fan of this approach because of all the changes. The second, used by Greg Smith, adds two wires from the ECM to unused positions on the Yosh/SAP connector. This requires that both the Yosh/SAP and the dealer mode connectors be used for flashing. Additional pins for the new wires are needed. But in terms of modifications to the wiring, the second approach leaves the harness much closer to its original configuration.

441 - 460 of 497 Posts