Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got a 2007 GSXR1000.

I have been riding again now for about a year after a 10 year break, I started back on a 600cc Yamaha thundercat but soon found this was not enough so I moved on to a 2002 R1 (5pw), this was an absolutely fantastic bike and would have been mine for a very long time if it wasn't driven into and destroyed while parked outside my house about a month ago :crying:

I then stumbled onto a 2014 MT-09 for a very good price, after seeing them get such good reviews I decided maybe a naked sit up bike would be the way forwards (how wrong was I), it was a very good bike but I never clicked with it and found it more uncomfortable than the R1 so decided to sell it and get back to a superbike.

After looking around I found the GSXR and so far I love it, it has the following mods:

Micron exhausts
Power commander 3
Gilles adjustable rear-sets
Short levers

It has power everywhere I want it, sounds great and handles fantastic.

I am purely a street rider and just for fun so the GSXR has everything I am looking for and look beaut

Anyway story time over

Attachments

·
17,001 Posts
Welcome to GDC, love the bike.
Enjoy your stay, ask a lot of questions and share your adventures.

:cheers

·
Super Moderator
14,961 Posts
Welcome! Loved that 2002 R1 (first year of R1 fuel injection!) when it debuted. It was everything the original 98 was albeit more refined. I felt like the R1 lost most of it's character after that gen and with the introduction of the underseat exhaust in 2004. Anyway...I'm sorry to hear that yours got destroyed.

You have an interesting take on the MT-09 as I can't imagine it being more uncomfortable than the R1. All of our bodies are different though so I get it. I've actually been eyeing the new MT-09s as a second bike since lately I'm craving something a bit more practical for street duty.

Love the look of the all black 1000. Please enjoy! :cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm sure it varies from person to person and to be honest if I was using the bike to commute the MT would be perfect as it had all the power etc just not to comfortable for long rides.

Having 2 bikes isn't an option for me and living in the UK the weather is so unpredictable I couldn't be without my car

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah I'm sure it varies from person to person and to be honest if I was using the bike to commute the MT would be perfect as it had all the power etc just not to comfortable for long rides.

Having 2 bikes isn't an option for me and living in the UK the weather is so unpredictable I couldn't be without my car
Welcome to the forum

I personally just have 1 bike and no car. Ride rain or shine, cold or hot in AGATT. I miss having a car sometimes, but I like the gas mileage I get. However living in Florida during the rain season/tropical season (never ending it feels like) sucks sometimes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Been there done that. :grin2:
I guess with us living in Orlando, Fl we can get away with it... Especially if we keep a change of clothes at the ending destination or taken with us... lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts