Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm swapping a k7 1000 gauge cluster onto my busa for streetfighter project. I just need to rearrange pins on my factory busa connector but the gsxr1000 cluster did not come with its harness so I do not know the pin numbers and their corresponding wires/ colors.
Can anyone post the pin #'s and the wire colors for me. With the correct orientation.

Or better yet, a picture of their oem harness attached to the back of their cluster so I can visually see everything's location.
I need to clearly see both rows of wires.

Thank you

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
That's going to be tough unless someone here can take pics. The order of the leads in the K5/K6 service manual wiring diagram had nothing to do with their positions on the connector (which I know). For K7 they relocated the connector on the cluster and changed the connector type. They also removed any reference to the functionality of the cluster in the K7/K8 diagram. That may be a good thing for you as the functionality influenced the wire order in the diagram. So there's a chance that the order of the two rows is as shown. You'd only need to determine which group of eight is the top and which is the bottom. It ought to be easy to find the two pins that aren't connected and see how that jives with the service manual diagram. The corner pin numbers (1,8,9,16) ought to be marked on the board and that should help. But you really need some pics of the connector with the shroud pulled back and there aren't any on ebay right now. Even incomplete pics plus the wiring diagram order might be enough.

I'm GUESSING that pin 1 is R/B, pin 8 is O/G, pin 9 is B/Y and pin 16 is Br/Y.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts