Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question here. Which model is gonna be totally new?
I understand that this engine is a reworked version of previours models. It's not exactly a "new bike".
Seeing that honda and yamaha are gonna be roling completely new litre bikes next year, when is suzuki gonna roll a new litre bike? Not that am not satisfied with the k5 but just curiors you know. I seen mocked up photos already but don't beleive it. My hunch is a K7.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
not till k7. the k5 isn't a reworking, its a totally new bike

·
Registered
130 Posts
K6 will be similar to the K5 different colours and maybe minor upgrades. IMHO

As far as the 1000RR and the R1 if they follow the trends of the past - they will be minor to medium upgrades from this year. LIke the change from the 929 to 954 was. But you never know in todays market place thing become old allot faster.

Now if they wanted to do something good to the bike they should put front end suspension that suites most riders. - Lets be honest - not too many of use that weight 150 lbs my guess would be the average would be 180 to 190 and after watching Super Size Me maybe 200

People waiting for a future better bike reminds me of all those that do not buy a computer cause the new Intel/AMD Chip is comming out next fall -
Enjoy what is available now and when the time come then upgrade.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. But i read that the the k5 motor was increased in displacement to boost power. I thought it was an upgraded motor from last year.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, one more question. How fast is the katana 600? That thing is bigger than the k5 and my buddy wants to buy it because it's cheaper and yellow. am trying to persuade him to buy something else. i just don't feel it will keep up with any sportsbike out there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Okay, one more question. How fast is the katana 600? That thing is bigger than the k5 and my buddy wants to buy it because it's cheaper and yellow. am trying to persuade him to buy something else. i just don't feel it will keep up with any sportsbike out there.
It's slower than your moms SUV.
Those bikes shouldn't even be considered a sport bike.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah! i thought it was a bit dated too. I kinda like it though. it has this quirky styling and persona. It just looks like the kinda bike you buy due to financial reasons and fall in love with forever because it's ugly and everybody pokes fun of it. I kinda dig it. too bad it it's overweight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts