Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K6/K7 GSXR600 Stock Exhaust Question

Ok so I’ve searched through this forum and for images/specs elsewhere (the Suzuki page specs link on the forum is a dead link).

I’m looking for details on these bikes from when they were released. Like the dealer page description and such.

I’m basically trying to find out what exhaust is on my K7 600.. If it’s aftermarket or stock and what the stock exhaust was... I know some manufacturers have exhaust systems made for their cars and bikes and don’t advertise the actual manufacturer of it.

So does anyone have any details? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Post a pic of your exhaust we'll tell you what it is.

You are right about the contracted pipe builder. You will need some very good detective work to find out the contractor. If you are trying to source one direct, you won't be able to get it, though. For the contractor to skip Suzuki would probably be against their licensing agreement.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post a pic of your exhaust we'll tell you what it is.

You are right about the contracted pipe builder. You will need some very good detective work to find out the contractor. If you are trying to source one direct, you won't be able to get it, though. For the contractor to skip Suzuki would probably be against their licensing agreement.
Will get a pic up as soon as I can (most likely tomorrow). Nah, not trying to source one. Just curious as to if the bike's exhaust is the stock or not before purchasing a slip on or fully system later down the road. (leaning more towards full system, but I like the shorty style that this one has)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Will get a pic up as soon as I can (most likely tomorrow). Nah, not trying to source one. Just curious as to if the bike's exhaust is the stock or not before purchasing a slip on or fully system later down the road. (leaning more towards full system, but I like the shorty style that this one has)
Does it look like this? If so it's stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Meeps
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing