Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i know I'm losing big time in first gear just cause I'm not used to carrying the front wheel. Need to grow a pair and really open it up... As for the bike being modified. Even if the bike had some motor work done would it not have to have a PC in order to reap the benefits? Cause it not having one isn't it safe to assume the motor is probably stock?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
BTW. OG if you ever come to atco to race HIT ME UP! Im close as hell, not that good at it but love to do it and would pick your brain for advice.
I'll be there Friday June 3rd with one of the turbo bikes for a private rental:biggrin

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Im really interested in this.

I watched the vid. Looks like minor spin, but from slowing the vid down you cross the line at the top of 4th at about 246kph which IS 152mph, suggesting the track is right.

How in the hell could you have that much more done to your bike and NOT know about it. If there IS that much more done to your bike why are you not making up TIME on the big end and just MPH?

OG help me out here cause now I wont be able to get this out of my head.
Guys,Im positive MOK is not BS'ing us about mods on his bike. He'd have to launch the bike entirely different and you'd hear it if he was on a big horsepower bike. So,I'm sure its an error with the timing equipment.

From my limited experience drag racing cars,I noticed that you will gain a mph or two by spinning off the line slightly,but not 8-10mph lol.

MOK,next time you go ask some of the very fast cars,the guys that are serious about their drag racing&are regulars at the track,ask them if the timing lights are legit.

*EDIT-I just read where you said the bike has a speedo healer. Now I'm scratching my head as well as Tom is:scratch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Knowing the OP he probably has it on the bottle. He's terrified that my beater SRAD 750 is gonna beat him at the strip

but seriously, i was with him when he got the bike. The last owner said it was stock minus the slip on and the sprockets.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Well, then the timing/speed monitor at that track is shit, lol...

:dunno

·
a Mod on "The other site"
159 Posts
It cant be the timing at the track tho because he's speedo on the bike is matching up with it.

I agree that slow starts and spinning add more mph but I didn't think that much. The question I never thought to ask was have you had a back up run that matched mph?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
He said he did a 151MPH pass as well.

·
a Mod on "The other site"
159 Posts
That one I have an easier time believing.

When I have a bad run and pull a 2.0ish 60' I trap high 140s, like 147ish if I remember. So thats a little easier to buy with different conditions and a crappier 60'. I just dont get the other run.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So i went back to the track today! The bad news is, i don't have the worlds fastest stock Gsxr1000 :) , The good news is, i knocked a tenth off my 60ft and two tenths off my ET. I was running Consistent 143mph in the left lane and then did one run in the right which trapped 150mph. so obviously something is way off with the right lane. I have been going to this track for years in cars and never had a problem, so maybe it only happens with bikes.
Anyways, Today was a good day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
That is more like it...

:thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yes,thats exactly where you should be mph-wise

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I had the same issue with my k7. I have 10+ passes over 150 on a stock motor bike with just the cat out and no tune. One was 155 mph. So, that ain't completely realistic, har. Good to know someone else has had this happen, as I couldn't make head or tails of the reason for it. I was working on moving the mph up as much as I could, at the time so, I was making the track longer with soft launches but, yeah, not realistic. Same track, same lane, every time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I read this thread and my jaw dropped, I just picked up a very clean 03 gsxr 1000, looking forward to taking it to the strip in a few weeks after I get some seat time. My last big bike was an 04 Yamaha R1. I could run it at the strip pretty consistently 10.2 @ 141/142 mph. usual 60' was 1.8/1.9 very curious to see if I can match it on the gsxr.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts