Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it's my first post bought my 3rd gixxer absolutely love them. My question is which oil should I use in my gixxer my riding style is very aggressive and I constantly get the bike above 200km+ my friend suggested 20w50 would help my engine as I think it heats up to quickly as the oil is 5w40 I think

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Just use the recommended oil weight. Use whatever brand you like, that topic has been discussed many times. The speed at which the oil heats up shouldn’t matter. Once it reaches operating temp it is done heating up. If you ride more aggressively, just change the oil more often.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....10w40 is the standard...Im using T4 Mobil 1 but there are many options. The manual says 20w50 in higher temperatures but thats up to you. I'm going to be in AZ in a year or so and 20w50 will be a summer oil consideration for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.....10w40 is the standard...Im using T4 Mobil 1 but there are many options. The manual says 20w50 in higher temperatures but thats up to you. I'm going to be in AZ in a year or so and 20w50 will be a summer oil consideration for me.
Thanks bro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts