Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just bought a 06 750. When I first bought it, I was having some charging issues, but turns out the regulator wasn’t grounded so it was burned out. But the bike Sputters or boggs down when I give it hard throttle. It’ll ride fine if I take it easy, but if you try to give it gas it’ll just lose power. It has an aftermarket exhaust looks like just a slip on. The FI light is on. I’m gonna look into checking the TPS, or would it be a Internal Fuel filter/ Regulator? Or maybe it just needs a servo buddy ?

UPDATE: Fuel filter, fuel pump were brand new. And 2 fuel injectors were missing the seals that go on the block. That would cause the bogging down and sputtering ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: So Stator and rectifier are new. But the bike still isn’t keeping the voltage stays around 11.5V doesn’t go past 12 even when running. Would it be just a short somewhere or anyone has other ideas? It worked for like 1 ride then shut off and didn’t turn on with out being jumped. All the fuses are good none are burned out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sounds very familiar, Electric/voltage can cause the cycle to perform poorly in load/no load scenarios. I assume you are measuring voltage across the battery while idle at least, if you're not getting 13+v then you have a problem that needs to be addressed, regardless if it's related to heavy throttle/sputtering.

Read this thread below, I recommend a Service Manual and a Digital Multi Meter.

Let us know what you find!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts