Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my bike had its first dyno run today and made 133bhp at the rear wheel.
I've not removed the Set valve and don't have a Power commander or BMC filter, just the end can. I expected the air to fuel ratio to be all over the place and it was. The guy doing the dyno run showed me a printout from another 750 he'd done a few weeks ago and that made 141, apparently that only had an end can, and the air to fuel ratio looked much better than mine did. I'll be ordering the power commander and BMC filter tomorrow, then its back down to the dyno for another run. Not sure whether to out the Racefit for something else as I'm hearing they're difficult to set up, and aren't great for bhp gains.
Would like to know what sort of bhp your 750's are putting out?
Also, anyone with a Racefit Mega had a dyno run yet?:cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It certainly turns heads, I get pretty evil looks from most people I pass. Even at low revs it has a deep gritty tone to it which is fairly loud. At high revs this thing really does howl & spit impressive looking blue flames like nothing I've seen before. To give you an idea the exhaust came with 2 sets of ear plugs. There's no doubt this is far to loud for street use but what the hell!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
nick750 said:
It certainly turns heads, I get pretty evil looks from most people I pass. Even at low revs it has a deep gritty tone to it which is fairly loud. At high revs this thing really does howl & spit impressive looking blue flames like nothing I've seen before. To give you an idea the exhaust came with 2 sets of ear plugs. There's no doubt this is far to loud for street use but what the hell!!!
that means it sound gooooooddd:banana

·
Registered
150 Posts
Would love a sound clip. The mega has it over the scorpion and the TRC at the mo. Would just like to get an idea of sound. Not too bothered if it is really loud at full chat, but if it is OK at lower revs then that will do me.

I've been running scorpions without baffles and CAT on my FZ6 for a year and had no bother, so that is my benchmark.

Just realised you are from the UK Nick. So long as it would not be classed aas "offensive" loud and normal revs through towns then I'll be getting me one. Sod how loud it is out on the open road, because when you are giving it the berries before anyone can get upset you have already gone!

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's been said before but I'll say it again... all dynos are not created equal.

Alot of different factors effect dyno results so it's better to post your hp gain from stock than just your max hp result.

still pretty impressive numbers though!

·
Registered
183 Posts
peak numbers are nothing to go by, track times and throttle response are key. Unless you drag race, then you should have bought a busa.

i am interested to see what your numbers are after the PC, and what kind of dyno.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
azichek said:
peak numbers are nothing to go by, track times and throttle response are key. Unless you drag race, then you should have bought a busa.

i am interested to see what your numbers are after the PC, and what kind of dyno.

Every race I have ever entered has been a drag race to the first turn. Every lap after that is been another down the straights. I agree suspension was my second mod after rearsets. Braking improvements will come before the exhaust for also. But that freakin stocker is 14lbs. Add a S/O and PCIII which cuts that weight in half plus ad some power and you just increased that throttle response you spoke of. So you can't dismiss this guys effort and say shoulda bought a Busa. Plus those are ugly pigs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
no im not dismissing his effort, i am meerly stressing that fact that he needs to get a PCIII and tune it. i still wonder what kind of dyno it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.