Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a little bit of info in the below thread.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113686&page=2&highlight=gearing

I believe that -2 is equivalent to a -1/+3 on the 750. If you've tried either of them, I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm getting a used 750 in about a week without sprocket.

I already have a 520 kit with 15t/45t. That's the only sprockets I have unless I order more. My initial thought was that this gearing would be too aggressive. I don't want to waste money ordering new ones if I can get by with what I already have.

Top speed is probably not an issue as I don't ride anywhere near the top speed. My biggest concern would be excessively high RPMs at highway speeds. I haven't been able to find the website that has the gearing calculators to show top speed loss and changes to RPM #'s. If anybody has that site, please post a link.

I've seen various posts from other 750 riders indicating they are happy with their -1/+2 conversions. Going -2 would only be slightly more aggressive. I have a feeling I'll be ordering a 16t front sprocket, but want some feedback before I ditch my 15t.

:cheers

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
well if -1 is like a 10% loss go from there.

it'll be a bit high on the freeway so why in the world do you want it that geared then in the first place. mine is -1 +1, -1 +2 probably wouldn't hurt it, but you have a lighter bike, tad more power, and i think even shorter gearing stock.

just do the -1 or so for now and go from there.

140mph top speed? guess -1 +3

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
i went -1, +2 and thought it was the best combo for track use. if you are street riding i think -2 up front is too much. it will feel like 3, 4th gears up top.
i initially had just +2 on the rear and thought that was good for street riding.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i keep mine +2 on the rear for the road. its slightly quicker than stock. at the track i go down 2 on the front which makes all the difference cos with even just +2 on the rear im still only using 2nd and 3rd gear on track and i ride at 4 different tracks. you have 6 gears so you might as well use em all.

i think the best for the road will probably be just -1 on the front.

·
Registered
326 Posts
new750 said:
i did the -1 and wanted more. top speed isn't too important to me either. i'm thinking about the -2 myself, but i'm worried about the miles racking up on my new bike.
I have that same problem without even changing my gears ;) so i figure what the fuck and go for it. Just buy an extra speedo with about 1500 miles on it as an extras if insurance ever needs a number. Ride the piss out your bike and if it gets totalled get the value for only 1500 miles. Thats legal in what..... 4 states now?

·
Registered
481 Posts
+1 mikeinwi.

I also like +2 for street, and -1, +2 for agressive twisties / track.

My '02 GSXR750 was -1, +3 and it was perfect for Pahrump, NV (Spring Mountain Motorsports Park), but no good for 60 miles on the hwy.

For my setup on my new GSXR750 (60% street/twisties and 40% track) I am going with -1, +2.

GL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.