Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the original issue upon start up/prime up started about a month ago. When I would prime the bike it would make a weird almost electrical humming/computing sound from around the airbox. Since I have my rectifier in the airbox I figured that's what it was and it was probably making noise about to go bad.. Then last week I was riding in stop and go traffic up to 20mph and when I finally got an opening I went to hit the throttle and it was very delayed then it got jerky. I pulled over in a parking lot and started trying to rev it all the way up but it wouldn't go past 9000rpm or so. I turned the bike off and when I went to prime it back up the fuel pump wouldn't prime. Turned the kill switch about 5 times and it finally primed but the pump sounded bad and like it was working hard, started it up and it died right out. So towed it home and it primed fine to get it in the garage. Charged my battery before working on it Tried priming later and it gave two more weak attempts and now doesn't prime at all, pretty sure pump went bad because relay is still giving signal. Went to the airbox to find the noise before the fuel pump primes was not my rectifier bit the butterflies opening up. It's like they try to over-rotate and start making the humming/electrical sound. Do you think it's caused by bad TPS or something completely different? ANY help or input would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts