Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive read a lot of posts about exhaust and done some homework, but I'm still having trouble finding which exhaust makes the most power. My Gix is stock now, but I will be adding a PC, full exhaust, and maybe some stacks. So what are your opinions? Any other worthwhile bolt-ons you would like to mention is also appreciated. Great site btw!

Thanks,
Ken

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
Leo Vince are awsome! The G1K's around here have had good results with these systems.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
And I would vouch for Yoshimura's full race Ti system as used on Ben Spies' AMA C'ship-winning K6, or Arrow's Racetech system as used on Troy Corser's 05 SBK Championship-winning K5.

Hope you have an easier decision now that you have our opinions.:D

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Throttlestop said:
And I would vouch for Yoshimura's full race Ti system as used on Ben Spies' AMA C'ship-winning K6, or Arrow's Racetech system as used on Troy Corser's 05 SBK Championship-winning K5.

listen to TS, that's good advice! You'll never go wrong with Yoshimura Japan, but if I didn't have Racefit my second choice would probably be Arrow, they make a damn good exaust with great performance and sound to match!

·
Registered
245 Posts
How's this - Micron full system (96 db)
TiForce full system (99 db)
Yoshimira full system (99 db)
Arata full system (103 db)
M4 full system (104 db)
Race Fit full system (My gawd; you gotta be kidding! 106 db)

I didn't want to wake up the neighbors everytime I came in a 2 or 3 in the morning; so I choose the Ti Force.
But loud mufflers do save lives!

R.C.

:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know all dyno's read different, but when we did the custom map on my racefit, pcIII, and cams. OMFG the numbers were good, as well asthe seat of the pants. But as stated above, any exhaust listed and mapped on the k5/k6 1000s are impressive.

·
Registered
253 Posts
racefit does 161 without ramair.
normal stock is 156 hp. so there are 5 hp gain. be aware of brands dyno... they make it under cold weather with slicks, chains, filters and so....
a louder pipe makes you drive slower, that for sure but the main gain of racefit is that the engine works totally different.
dont forget the RACEFIT papa is a very well known exhausts guru in UK.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the only 2 we use for power is the arata and akrapovic.. the arata shorty has been nothing short of powerful.. also, the yosh japan are on 2 of the fastest k6 bikes down here..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Clarencevic said:
You will find the MOST power from a D&D full exhaust system...hands down
i hope this is a joke,,:scratch

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
Clarencevic said:
You will get the MOST racket from a D&D full exhaust system...hands down
Fixed.

:D

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Throttlestop said:

I tried to buy the Arrow system that the Corona bikes run and they wouldn't sell it to me.

They try to sell you their top of the line system but when you ask a few tricky questions they admit it's not the same and they will not sell it.

:crying

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.