Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. K6 1000 refuse to start. Spark is present, fuel present, even tried to add fuel directly in the throttles. Still nothing. Overide the sidestand switch. Bike primes when switch on. Problem occured when bike was low on fuel but when filled its runs smooth again. What else can I look at. Tilt switc not tested or bypassed yet.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,966 Posts
"Problem occured when bike was low on fuel but when filled its runs smooth again."
Are you sure about that? Have you since filled it again? That sounds very strange and would not be associated with the tip-over switch. At the moment I'm suspicious of the fuel pump. But it seems unlikely that filling the tank would cause it to work. Clogged gas cap vent? If you have spark, it should run briefly when the TBs are primed. You could try disconnecting the oil pressure switch to see if the red LED still comes on. Are you getting any codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
F1 code shows because of the switch being disconnected from the airbox. When I put it back its off and no code displaying. Also tried fuel directly into the throttles, no luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the past the bike would run normally the the low fuel light would light up and after being parked, like the next day, it would start to miss fire until the bike is refuelled. The bike rectify itself when riding.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Will it start right now? You said it occurred when low on fuel but runs fine when full. Are you saying if you fill it right now it will start or no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts