Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,941 Posts
The distance from the c/l of the pivot to the tip of the stand is 11 15/16". Yours does look original but that pic isn't that informative. There should be two springs with one nested in the other. The stand can wear at the pivot. You can remove and check the pivot bolt to make sure that there isn't any wear on it. You can also add shims to tighten things up and reduce the side to side wobble. I'm not sure where "drivetrain lash" is being measured. On mine the chain can move about 3/4". The base is mounted to the frame by two M10 flange head screws that tend to seize in place. The screws have a shallow hex socket drive that can strip when turned. If it comes to that, a vice grip or channel lock can be used on the head but they'll then have to be replaced. There are a couple slots nearby in the frame that might allow penetrating fluid to be sprayed onto them from the inside to ease things.

I've been interested in a lightweight alluminum stand for my K6 for years. But all I can find are those adjustable height stands intended for lowered bikes. I wish someone would reproduce the OEM stand, including the bottom pad, in aluminum. The K7/K8 kickstand is significantly heavier and works well as a boat anchor.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,941 Posts
Mine was on a rear stand so it was easiest to measure the movement of the chain relative to the frame as I rocked the wheel back & forth. But I took it down for you and measured the movement of the kickstand pad relative to the ground as I moved the entire bike back and forth. I got the same 2 1/2" movement as you.

There was another lean angle thread here about three weeks ago. I have a cheap AliExpress digital inclinometer that said mine leans at 12° on the stand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts