Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a nail, yay. im gonna order from heatwave as they seem to be great guys. i have this list to pick from: http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showfla...e=0&fpart=1

which ones should i get? im a good enough rider to wear my chicken strip from edge to edge, but i wouldn't say im a great rider. from the width of my chicken strip, i obviously like to have a capable tire when taking it low, but i dont want something so soft i have to replace tires every 5,000 miles. i live in seattle and the roads are decent.

i'd appreciate your opinions/suggestions on which model's the best fit for me.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Pilot Powers- though, 5000 isn't a bad distance to go on a set of tires. As they say, "your mileage may vary"

There are lots of threads that cover this topic in more detail. The easiest way that I've found to locate them is to do a search on Google. Type in - Pilot power what tire site:www.gixxer.com and it will search only on here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Everytime someone asks about which tyres to get, their primary concern is with tyre life and grip. Am I the only one that is also concerned with how fast the tyre warms up? I've had a few close calls with tyres that I thought had got enough heat into them. At the moment I am still on the stock 014's and love how much grip they have from the off. I'm tempted to try the Pilot Powers next - can anyone tell me how quickly they get upto temp?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I'm going to be getting the Pilot Powers when my stock ones wear out. If I can get 5000 miles out of them, I will be content.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts