Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I find that when I tip the bike in, or go from lean to lean, the bike feels like it hesitates for a split second then turns in prefectly. Could this be the steering damper, or should I drop the front 2mm?

Cheers
Friday

·
Registered
235 Posts
How many miles do you have on the bike? What condition are your tires in? If they are worn enough and/or "flat-topped" in the middle, this could cause your concern. Not ruling out your questions about the damper or forks (forks least likely culprit) though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike has only done 600 miles, so doubt it is the tyres.

My previous bike turned really fast, almost as if it was controlled telepathically. I don't want the K5 to turn quite that fast, but it does feel a little sluggish initially when I turn.

My first thought was that it is probably the steering damper that may be too stiff, but thought I would check with you guys.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
not sure what your last bike was, but i know the geometry is more conservative on the k5, than on the k4/k3. that makes it more stable, but slightly slower on turn in. and the type of tires will make a huge difference as well. the tires on your new bike might be shaped very different from your last bike. if the bike truly turns in too slow for you then go ahead and drop the front a couple mm's. but keep in mind when you increase your turn in by dropping the front you are going to lose stability, and feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.