Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my throttle cable on the 05 is a little loose, too much freeplay. If I use the adjusters on/by the clip on I have to set the adjuster way out almost to it's limit. Can anybody help me out and telll me where I can tighten it on the throttle bodies/engine side?

thanks

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Lift the tank and you will see the adusters on the throttle body. Left side of bike under the air box

The top one is for opening and the bottom one is for closing.

Just loosen the nut on the top one and turn it out until you get it where you want it. Make sure you close the adjuster up top on your throttle almost all the way so you will have the ability to adjust your without lifting the tank again throttle when the cable streches in the future.

Left me know if you want me to scan the service manual for you. Email me at [email protected] and I will reply back with it.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
This is where you can tell if your bike was PDI'd properly. Mine wasn't adjusted right. This kind of stuff is why I like to get my bikes in the box. I couldn't do that this time 'round.

Follow the above procedure and then check every god damn bolt on the bike. Only bolts I've ever lost on bikes are the fairing bolts, pinch bolt on the triple clamp and the bolt holding the front fairing stay on.

And people wonder why I like to lockwire everything...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Lift the tank and you will see the adusters on the throttle body. Left side of bike under the air box

The top one is for opening and the bottom one is for closing.

Just loosen the nut on the top one and turn it out until you get it where you want it. Make sure you close the adjuster up top on your throttle almost all the way so you will have the ability to adjust your without lifting the tank again throttle when the cable streches in the future.

Left me know if you want me to scan the service manual for you. Email me at [email protected] and I will reply back with it.

i sent you an email about the scan manual ..i need to make sure how to do this . thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rraiderr-

Thanks man that helped alot, appreciate the email w/ the scanned pages and the info you posted
I'll get to it right now..

cosworth-

Will do, I'm going to go over the entire bike and tighten/adjust as much as I can.

thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts