·
Registered
2,130 Posts
load or no load on the engine??

D

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Mine had a slight stumble right off idle out of gear and in low gear at slow speed since I picked it up. I put in diagnostic mode and found the TPS was off. It was not set properly at the factory. Adjusted it and it pretty much cleared it up.

The K5 does not have seem to have the same great FI response that the K1 thru K4 had down low, but its not that bad once you have all the FI working properly.

Good luck.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Mine had a slight stumble right off idle out of gear and in low gear at slow speed since I picked it up. I put in diagnostic mode and found the TPS was off. It was not set properly at the factory. Adjusted it and it pretty much cleared it up.

The K5 does not have seem to have the same great FI response that the K1 thru K4 had down low, but its not that bad once you have all the FI working properly.

Good luck.
So what do you think about the new bike? Is it delivering the claims over the older model.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
From a chassis perspective, every aspect of it is even better than the claims to me. I am getting along better with my K5 after just a week than I did with my K3 after 3 months. I am having as much fun on this bike as I did my original K1 that I loved.

If I am being honest, the FI system programming is not as sorted. Power seems good, but I will reserve judgement on the claims until I have my own unit dynoed locally. By most real word dyno accounts it seems to be be falling short of the claim (13 HP over the old one) though they it is making the claimed crank numbers. I have always held the K3/K4 made more than Suzuki claimed for them, so realistically rating the K5 may have worked against them a bit.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
From a chassis perspective, every aspect of it is even better than the claims to me. I am getting along better with my K5 after just a week than I did with my K3 after 3 months. I am having as much fun on this bike as I did my original K1 that I loved.

If I am being honest, the FI system programming is not as sorted. Power seems good, but I will reserve judgement on the claims until I have my own unit dynoed locally. By most real word dyno accounts it seems to be be falling short of the claim (13 HP over the old one) though they it is making the claimed crank numbers. I have always held the K3/K4 made more than Suzuki claimed for them, so realistically rating the K5 may have worked against them a bit.
Very good. For sure the chassis and handling is amazing and I'm comparing that to my K2 750 which by all rights was better than the K2 1K as far as being nimble and maneuverable. The K5 is soooo much more in all aspects of maneuverability. To me I don't even feel like I'm riding a 1K until I twist the throttle.

I really can't compare power of course but from what I've read and heard from other riders the K5 definitely has more power. But the 14 hp claim is a huge step but I think in unrestricted condition the numbers are consistent to the crank numbers. Enjoy the new bike. I sure am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts