Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, someone started this post a little while ago but it never took off. What adjustments has everyone made to front and rear suspension, how much do you weigh? I don't have any help to check sag so I have made a few "feel" adjustments.

Weight: 190lbs

Front:
Preload - 1 line showing
Rebound - 2 clicks more from stock (or 6 clicks from full)
Compression - 1 click more

Rear:
Preload - 1 more ring from stock
Compression - 1 more click
Rebound - stock setting

Share and give feedback!!! We are not all 165lb street riders so some adjustments need to be made.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't believe no one has changed their settings, or is my post being boycotted??? Anyone plan changing shock/ revalving forks soon? Is the suspension better than the 03/04 model? I know that the stock suspension on my 05 feels much more compliant than my 01, though hard to compare apples to oranges.

·
Registered
474 Posts
At the moment I am 160 in gear; and I am getting carromed off of the bumps; and the bike slightly disorients. I just backed off rear pre-load two turns to try and get more compliance in the shock's workings. Softened compression 2 clicks front and rear. Backed off on front pre-load half a ring-space. Will see how this works tomorrow. Input welcome from any other light-weight riders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts