Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 450miles on my K5, Ihave noticed that when I give it a few revs to pull away and slip the clutch a little I get a strange noise from the clutch? I never had this before on any of my gixxers 750Y, K1 and K3 anyone getting the same? is it anything to worry about? or is it normal? or is it something to do with the slipper mechanism?

·
Registered
125 Posts
well mine has done it 3 times and it is really starting to worry me, the first 2 times were at the track and the last was while trying to burn the new off of my rear tire. I think it might have to do with the clutch being out of adjustment but i dont know cause i am a squid. Well thats what the guys on here have told me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about, mine does it too and i dont like it at all. I would love to find out what the hell it is. it feels like there is a reduction in power at the same time, like whatever is happening kind of kills the ign.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I Get it too. I have about 700 miles on mine now and its been happening quite a bit. It seem to happen more during higher running temps. I brought it to the dealer yesterday, he put about 15 miles on it and said that he never heard a thing. WTF

I find it happens just after the point when the clutch engages and it sometimes feels there is a lack of response/control. I been drove fucking cracked the last number of days trying to figure it out. It happens everytime I'm out now.

·
Registered
472 Posts
it seems to happen if i give it some throttle right when im taking off. and only at that point, once i get going there is no problem. itried explaining it to my sellng dealer and they looked at me like i had two heads
-makes me wonder what will happen if i race someone off the line, which i have yet to do. or if i do a smoke show, will i blow up the transmission? i dont think so but it sucks to worry about.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mine did that too.....but only acted up a couple of times. Now I have no problems with it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i had the same problem my bike is in the shop right now the clutch is toast, i only had 540 miles on the bike at the time, there trying to say its my fault i havent had the bike but 4 days, theres no way the clucht would go out that quick, clutch parts are on bakc order, make sure your dealer checks it out

·
Registered
472 Posts
i had the same problem my bike is in the shop right now the clutch is toast, i only had 540 miles on the bike at the time, there trying to say its my fault i havent had the bike but 4 days, theres no way the clucht would go out that quick, clutch parts are on bakc order, make sure your dealer checks it out
thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
U guys need to make sure u adjust your worm gear properly. Many dealers done even bother to check this on thier PDI's . I posted a few weeks ago the steps on doing this, do a search.

D

·
Registered
125 Posts
i probally will have to do it myself because the dealers around here barely even know what the 05 looks like, more or less know how to work on it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i probally will have to do it myself because the dealers around here barely even know what the 05 looks like, more or less know how to work on it.
true, iget that feeling also

·
Registered
125 Posts
U guys need to make sure u adjust your worm gear properly. Many dealers done even bother to check this on thier PDI's . I posted a few weeks ago the steps on doing this, do a search.

D
When you say worm gear are you talking about the adjustment screw on the outside of your pressure plate that you back off 1/2 a turn or what?

·
Registered
45 Posts
What to you mean by toast.? What parts? Did they say what parts were fucked? Thanks for the heads up. Un-believable. I expect to be without the bike for about three weeks, if thats the case.
Hope you had it out with your dealer for the suggesting it was your fault.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I've not had any noises, but I do have a problem getting away from the line quickly (not race, just swiftly accelerating from stand-still), it bogs down and feels like it's going to stall.. then if you do it too quick (i.e. normal) it will jerk badly and it scares the shit out of me. I've not had the first service yet, but will get the dealer to have a look next week.

I hope to high-heaven there's not some problem with the K5 clutches!!!!! I can't handle a recall. I just know the dealer's going to say he didn't feel anything, I don't trust them at all, bastards.

·
Squid
3,566 Posts
If its any consolation the clutch on my 04 1000 is gone after about 5000 miles.

And the worst I put my clutch through is hard engine braking.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts