Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

K5 slipper clutch in a K2 - DONE

59K views 123 replies 67 participants last post by  craigfer63 
#1 ·
Ok, I posted back a while ago that I was going to give this a go... and I did it.

It's a really easy mod and it works a treat.

First up, the clutch basket and clutch plates etc are EXACTLY the same so it's only the hat , push piece and the slipper mechanism that you need.

The onlly custom mod you need is to grind a tiny bit of the webbing out of the back of the K2 cover as the adjuster in the middle of the push piece is a bit long and hits the webbing.

Pics....

See less See more
#2 ·
Absolutely excellent post stocky

We need more of this here at GDC

Even if I am not doing your mod my K2 will very soon see a slipper clutch coming. I just love the way the slipper function smoothes out the ride when going a little fast in the lower gears.

#4 ·
Nice work.

BUt one problem, now you have to pull the whole clutch cover off just to adjust the clutch, that sucks. Think you can modify the stock cover to accept that same screw off cover that is on the K5 since this adjustment usually needs to be carried out every 1000 miles or so.

#7 ·
Exellent post...details ! details! details! please

#8 ·
I'll try and get around to working out the parts by part number this week.

I'll price up a clutch cover too so I can adjust it regularly.

It works awesome, come into a roundabout wahck it down 2 gears and just let the clutch out. No wiggles, no big engine revs just smoot entry ready for a power slide/ wheelie on the way out

#12 ·
The non slipper clutch is a straight fit.

Just get the 04 hub, hat and maybe the pushpiece.

The K5 has a heavier set of springs on it. The only problem with it is that it doesn't get enough oil.

If you own a drill then it would only cost you a gasket to fix it.

#23 ·
another thing that would work for anyone looking to race or just get stronger case covers is to just buy aftermarket ones and stick those on. depending on the inside you might have to go for a different year but im sure it wouldnt be too hard to retrofit. thats what im gonna do after xmas.

#24 ·
I'll try and get around to working out the parts by part number this week.
Any luck with getting the part numbers together for exactly what you purchased? There is a fair amount of small parts when looking at the microfiche that i dont know if i should buy or not. Probably does not amount to much but just want to make sure because they mostly have different numbers and the parts guy thinks i am out to lunch so i doubt that i will be able to return the stuff that is not needed.Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.