Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FFS.. I wrote a big post and my browser crashed, losing it all. I can't be bothered to type it all in again, but here's a summary, what a blinding bank-holiday weekend, bike night on Friday, 200 mile ride to the south coast, along it and back on Sunday, then on Monday did a trackday at Silverstone GP circuit on the K5. The bike's run in now
First service in two weeks (for gods sake!!!!).

The K5 is the most mind-bendingly awesome bike to ride on the track. It's stable into corners thanks to the slipper clutch, hits every apex perfectly (750 ran wide), feels planted in the corners, and has the most intense rush coming out of corners.. it wheelies in the first three gears on stock sprockets!

Here's a few pictures, I can't be bothered to post them all up again, but the whole set is worth a look through, and is on my other new site:
http://londonbikers.com/galleries/gallery.aspx?uid=3b8129d8-8b84-4b91-b742-5c2bb49e2758

Fab day, loved the bike, loved the circuit. It rained for one session, but the nutters carried on after the rest of us ran away to our garages to clean our bikes some more.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice! Looks like you had a good time!
Nice bike too of course.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cmorrow002, I couldn't resist the 1k, it's awesome, it's all the best of the 750 and the 1000, with finese and style thrown in, I love it!!

cf3232, the tyres held up fine, though I was riding at a lower pace than I normally do, as I wanted to give the bike an easier time and was finding my feet on a bike that feels twice as powerful as my previous 750. I will stick on Super Corsas next time though, those are the shit...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tricking! I'm waiting on a number of items which are on back order, and need to sell some 750 parts to better the trick-fund. I'm just going to take some snaps for eBay right now...

I'll hold off until a couple of thousand of miles before going down the power-commander + custom map route, the throttle response with the Racefit exhaust is brilliant, I couldn't fault it at the track, but I want to get a custom map in the future for smoothing out the bottom-end and to get some power increase.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Good stuff

I always write my reports in Word. I save them for myself with my pictures and then cut-and-paste into a post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts