Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Well, hopefully somebody out there has some insight into my issue. I just had its 600 mile service done at the shop today and all appeared to be OK except now my K5 is shifting REALLY hard from Neutral into 1st gear. It seemed to get progressively worse as the day went on. I put about 100 miles on it after leaving the dealer and during the last 20 of them, I swore I've hear Harley's that shift quieter.

Oh, one other thing I did notice is that they adjusted my clutch cable at the lever's adjusting knob. Not sure if this would be enough to cause this but thought I'd add that in just in case.

I'm pretty new to the mechanics of a gixxer so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

Cal

·
Squid
3,566 Posts
Your clutch adjustment has everything to do with it. And it will usually get worse as your bike warms up.

Generally nothing to worry about though. Just adjust until you're happy with the sound / feeling of putting it in gear. Experiment with how far back you need to pull the clutch to get desired effects too, especially when already in motion.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your clutch adjustment has everything to do with it. And it will usually get worse as your bike warms up.

Generally nothing to worry about though. Just adjust until you're happy with the sound / feeling of putting it in gear. Experiment with how far back you need to pull the clutch to get desired effects too, especially when already in motion.
Cool... I was hoping it was something as simple as adjusting clutch play. I'll have to play with it later on tonight or tomorrow. If I'm still having issues, I post back for further assistance.

Thanks for your help!

Cal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts