Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday guys (and girls)... I posted up a story about my little crash in the cold wet roads of winter perth a week ago but what i forgot to post was this:

After the crash (slow, 30kmh in a corner onto the right hand side) the bike would not roll, it was like the rear wheel was locked up or something? i had the clutch pulled in and literally had to drag the bloody thing to the side of the road because the rear wheel was not really turning.. is this an effect of the tip over switch? after 5-10 minutes of letting it sit it then rolled freely with the clutch pulled in... strange? since the crash the clutch seems a bit funny... not the same... any ideas? cheers!

·
Registered
94 Posts
your bike just like your car has a tip over switch and all it is is once your vehicle is tipped beyond a certain point (degree) it kills ignition or fuel pump. so i would put my money on something else

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Did you put it in neutral or were you trying to roll it away while it was still in gear?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled the clutch in and tried pushing it (it was in gear)... it still rolls if the clutch is pulled in-normally anyways...but this time it didnt...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Maybe the clutch cable is screwed up. Does it feel like there's pressure on the lever? The tip over switch shouldn't do anything like that, it's just basically an engine kill switch.

Turn it on to make sure it's in neutral and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts