Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did a search and all I got was the thread about wanting a sound file and a guy waiting on his order.

Questions about the pipe...

how loud is it? Compared to say other aftermarket exhausts.
How does it sound? Does it sound similar to the soundbite floating around?
Do you loose the SET Valve and are there any performance gains or losses?
Does anyone have a video clip of their exhaust/bike in action with this exhaust?
How could I make it glossy black? Will powdercoating stand up to the heat? Can you even ceramic coat glossy black?
Where can I get the best deal? How much you all pay for yours? I'm in canada btw.
Lastly Thanks for helping me out, your all great

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ummmmm, Why dont you ride yours and tell us about it . They said another two weeks before they ship mine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine will be here Friday (4 days). I am getting a custom map done for her within 2-3 weeks. I will post the dyno, map, soundclip, and photo when it is done.

Powdercoating titanium can be a problem (oxidation can break down the ti under the coating over time......$800 of rotten metal), painting it can lead to flaking requiring touch ups but if you are willing, it can be done.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NSXr I look forward to your post!

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK, the Racefit exhaust came on Thursday and I installed it and rode it this weekend. Something is wrong with my digital video camera so I can not post the clips yet but will soon. I will say the exhaust is pretty awesome looking and sounding. This weekend, it drew a crowd everywhere I went and looks from all that I passed.

I would say the exhaust should cost around $300-$400 from the quality standpoint. It definitly looks hand welded and is not as nice as the Akropovic I have on my 600 quality wise but it sounds amazing (loud and deep and has an awesome backfire sound with a little flame when comming off the throttle hard). I have not noticed and performance improvement except maybe less engine braking but that could be due to the PCIII I installed. The exhaust installation was a little bit of a pain in the ass. I had to modify the bracket they sent because of the Vortex clip ons I am using and the ECU pin removal directions from Racefit were not correct for the US version of the bike but I figured it out (you must remove pin 45 so you do not get an F1 error from removing the exhaust valve).

I will dyno her in the next two weeks (will be at MotoGP this week). I will post the map and results and video once I get it.

Definitely much lighter than stock. I will post the weight loss later this week.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
From Race fit...The can has a unique sound. GSXR1000 K5 on Graham Seward's superstock buke showed 101DB. We tested a GSXR1000 K3 at Oulton Park, which showed 105DB at 5500rpm.
GSXR600 Racefit has been tested for noise by Mallory Park, it is showing 96.7 DB at 6000rpm and 98.8 DB at 8000rpm.

Evo2...97db, @5400 RPM not sure how load it gets at higher RPM's - remember that every 3db is 2 times the sound level to the human ear.

·
Registered
66 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts