Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got off the phone with dynojet. what they thought was going to be a downloadable fix for the f.i light error is going to have to be sent in. i would suggest you call them right away. you will have to remove it from the bike and package it. they will provide you with a service ticket number to send it in with. they wont help out on shipping but said they would offer a discount for return air shipment....i think its alittle crappy for a company to do this but our hands are tied. maybe a call to the better business department might sway this. sounds like a recall to me. they have already pissed me off due to the fact they said to remove it and get ready to send it in 3 weeks ago. they then said it was going to be a downloadable fix and to reinstall it. now they want it back and i am a little ticked off.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
webcrush..im gonna pull my teeth. riding my bike without PC. i have no choice now that i haev a full system. im just worried that it might harm my bike in racing condition next weekend! i heard alot of imaginable possibilities without changing the fuel delivery to accomodate with a full system! i can name a few problems but im just worried man. some say ok some say no. so whos righyt? i know your a pro racer adn i believe you a..ahhhhhhhh

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Its fine without a PC, just runs a lil lean and is not at its 'best'.

I raced mine without a PC and it was fine.

My buddy, who is a paid rider for Arclight Suzuki, raced his with a full yosh with no issues as well.

The only reason either of have PC's is that we intend to run VP race fuel.

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Hmmm, bet if you check around you will find other teams using them......like Valvoline.

Just mapped a Busa tonight..... got 6hp gain over no pc3 installed. That is why I'll put a pc3 on EVERY bike I own (unless I go the BPD route and a custom ECU).

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Hmmm, bet if you check around you will find other teams using them......like Valvoline.

Just mapped a Busa tonight..... got 6hp gain over no pc3 installed. That is why I'll put a pc3 on EVERY bike I own (unless I go the BPD route and a custom ECU).
yes, jeff, as i said if you want the bike to be at its 'best', a PC or other tuning will be necessary, but there should be no concerns about hurting the bike or having it be un-rideable if you don't have one.

What team is Valvoline? you mean m4?
i thought there had Bazazz boxes

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I was riding mine last night and came off a turn really hard going threw the gears and when i looked down me red light was on and the FI was blinikng..I was like WTF..I stopped and shut the bike down and restarted it and it seem fine the rest of the evening..Is this what the powercommander is doing....?????

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Lovely, as soon as I get delivered here I get to pack it back up and ship it out again.

Don't they have local distributors that can take care of this? I mean they have plenty of DynoJet certified service centers listed on their website.

·
Registered
382 Posts
So for anyone who hasn't ordered one yet what should we do? How do you know if you'll be getting the "flashed" version or not? Guess best way is to call dynojet...

damn man that sucks, at the very LEAST they should cover the shipping for folks who already bought one..

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've just taken delivery of my Powercommander, it isn't fitted yet. I presume once Dynojet found the problem, they sorted it and units sent out now are already sorted. True? How can you tell without fitting?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Email response from Dusty:

Endy,

First, there is not a recall on the Power Commander for the 2005 GSXR1000. With certain modifications under hard acceleration the FI light may become indicated. This does not cause the bike to run any differently and it will not cause any damage or issues other than an annoying light.

If your Power Commander serial # starts with 0504xxxxxxx then this situation may occur. If your bike exhibits the FI light and the codes indicate 32,33,34,35 then you can send the unit back to us to have it inspected. Please give us a call at 800-992-4993 and either ask for myself of Phil. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Dustin Schaller

Powersports Technical Support Manager

Dynojet Research

800-992-4993

www.dynojet.com

www.powercommander.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 12:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2005 GSX-R 1000 power commander

i have heard about the recall on the PC on this bike. Even though its not advertised here on the site. my question is , when will the updated or fixed PC be available to the public. how will we know if the one we buy at our local dealer is the flawed or fix Power Commnader/new ? Concern customer and others who will use the PC.

thanks for your prompt response

Endy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.