Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here done a PAIR Valve removal on their K5 1000? I got around to removing it, but found an electrical connector attached to the valve, instead of the usual mechanical vacuum found in earlier models. Removing the connector results in the FI warning lamp lighting up. Probably means that one of the wires needs to be pulled from the ECU, but which one?

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
564 Posts
lees performance has found out how to bypass it. he sells a kit for likr $25. i havent recieved one yet to find out what he's doing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
IMO...its has no significant performance gain on the K5.
Suzuki pulled out all the stops on this bike...why change something that has no real benefit with the new K5

·
Banned
564 Posts
the pair mod is worth 2hp. i dont care what everyone says, it works and i have done it on every bike i have had. back to back dyno sesions within 2 mins. showed the gain when the pair was done on my 01 1000. why would this not be true on the k5? i need to take it off and measure the resistance to get a resistor unless you have already done it stam? if so please pm me.....thanks, brent

·
Registered
493 Posts
i always take a shit before i ride - on the odd occasion i take one while im riding

doing thats feels like its worth 5 horse power on the ride home to change leathers

·
Registered
242 Posts
So all you have to do is measure the resistance of the pair valve and insert the a resistor that matches? then hook everything up like the 04 models

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I have a question if i may ask...The solenoid is nothing more than a open/close coil.Wouldnt be possible just to leave it hooked up and simply remove all the hoses and cap off the inlets/outlets and just leave the solenoid plugged in..Therefore no FI code would be inplace.Im just curious i havent gotten that far yet but seen the post..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yes you can leave it in the 'electrical' system to stop the FI light, but I would remove it from
your pair mod 'hose pipe circuit'. Reason being the ECU will open and close it at different times
depending on the vacuum or tps position I think. For power gains/engine-breaking you want it open all the time.

You can replace it with a 20ohm resistor.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, Stam. I'll leave it alone for now, until after I get my bike custom mapped, which should be a week from today.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I just pulled my pair valve so its doesn't screw up the air/fuel sniffing out the pipe when dyno tuninig.

RadioShack didn't have a 20ohm resistor, so I threw in a 22ohm instead.

It worked, no FI light.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts