Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the bike to the dealership due to seeing a small puddle of oil under the bike only when it sits outside on a warm day. It has never happened in the garage. The dealership said that they must have overfilled the oil originally. There was oil in the airbox. They cleaned and blew out the hoses and said that it was good to go. Any suggestions on a fix? I am not that concerned but it is just annoying. The dealership wants me to drop it off for a few weeks to open up the engine to see where the problem lies. I am not really feeling that since it is the middle of summer.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
i'd drop it off. they are volunteering to work on it. let them. free of charge. that ay if anything else happens you have a record of them going into your bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, but it has the extended warranty. No rush on getting them to work on it for free. I am just not willing to give it up for a few weeks for something that neither they nor I feel is anything major.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If it were mine, the next time it overflows/leaks/whatever, I'd drop it off with the dealer. Why wait for a potentially catastrophic failure that could injure/kill you?

·
Registered
432 Posts
If it were mine, the next time it overflows/leaks/whatever, I'd drop it off with the dealer. Why wait for a potentially catastrophic failure that could injure/kill you?
+1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts