Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn dudes... I held off the competition most of the day, until that f**ker with the R1 and all the motor work showed up (and nitrous). I posted 152.6 rwhp early in the day, and watched as nobody could take me... except that R1. Dammit. ...and all I have is an Arrow slip-on. I should be getting my BMC race filter and the Power Commander this morning -- then I'll have her re-dyno'd and I'll let you know what happens. Very impressed with the K5 I must say... lots and lots of earlier Suzuki's with lots of work done -- also lots of new R1's, Kawasaki's, it was a huge dyno day, and I think I ended-up second place in the 1000 class. Oh -- some guy had a bored-out Kawasaki something or other that posted 201 HP -- whoa.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody seems to care huh? Oh well... I guess it's true what they say -- it's lonely at the top.

·
Registered
474 Posts
That is cool. Their are quite a few of my friends that have dynoed into the 200 range that live down here in the Portland area. Another local with a K5 dynoed around 165 +/-. I don't know exactly all of his mods, but exhaust and PCIII are among them.

·
Registered
776 Posts
did u do a run with your bike all stock? I know it would not have been the same day put just curious.
I am still waiting for these "results" from Jeff with the bmc filter. I was in a debate with him about 4 years ago about the same thing. I too use to work a dyno and operated it for 2 1/2 years, side thing just the same. So, i had unlimited access to trying new things on the dyno. some worked some didnt.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got my BMC race filter and PC3 this morning from Fuel Moto -- I installed them both in about 45 mins. -- super easy. I plan on having my bike put back on the dyno soon... I'll post results.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I forgot to add -- there was a stock K5 that posted a 149. I should also mention that this dyno didn't have the ram-air fans... I think that makes a big difference. There are a few more dyno days coming up, so I'll be there to lay down the whoopin' again

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just pet the brock's Racing street megaphone full pipe, with there track map and i got 168.2 at the wheel. They say with race fuel it can hit up to 170's. Just thought u want to know.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boogiemank5 -- that's some serious power... Don't think I'll be running race fuel though -- not for $80 per 5 gallons!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I heard that cyclebarns dyno was low, but Im not sure if thats true or not. The guy with the R1 is from Motoplex. He had full graves exhaust, a race filter, was mapped, with a 40 shot of nitrous. He posted 181hp. All those guys from motoplex are idiots. If you take away his 40 shot, that leaves him with 141hp. Thats 141hp AFTER him being fully piped and mapped. My 04 Gix1k put that out all motor. What does that tell you about Suzukis power and Yamahas lack there of. So Ive decided that I need more power. Any idea on mods other than the usual, intake, exhaust and mapping?

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Oh I forgot to add -- there was a stock K5 that posted a 149. I should also mention that this dyno didn't have the ram-air fans... I think that makes a big difference. There are a few more dyno days coming up, so I'll be there to lay down the whoopin' again

If you are talking DynoJet... the fans are for cooling, not to pressurize the airbox. Very, very few dynos have the fans that can perform this function (say 99.9% don't).

·
Registered
919 Posts
i've put up similar numbers (153 stock, 156 with my arrow pipe not mapped) and have seen r1s and zx10s put up mid 140s time and time again. I was dissapointed at first, but i've seen that these numbers are the norm.

+1 about the fans - the only one i've ever seen that was for ram air was at this place in orange county,ca (dont remember the name) that had a HUGE ram fan (like 2ft in diameter, but had 3 blades stacked) that funneled into two 3in tubes for the ram air - they said it simulates ~90mph... added 4hp to my 929 when i dyno'd it

let us all know how the BMC/PC3 map works out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts