Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

K5/K6 ECU version question

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BillV 
#1 ·
It just came to my intention that there are two versions of ECU usable on the K5/K6

The original seems to be the 32920-41G10 and appears to have been installed in both models. At some point this unit was superseded by the 32920-41G60. Two simple questions. Does anyone know when and why?

I've got downloads of both ECUs and did a binary compare of the files. 95% of the map files between the two are identical. Its hard to tell how much of the software they changed. Even if you only add one byte it moves everything past that point down by one meaning it won't match up anymore even if the rest is still the same. I can't easily tell if they made a small addition two thirds of the way into the software or they changed the entire last third.

Any info on why they changed or if there is any kind of service bulletin about it etc. would be greatly appreciated

#3 ·
Just for your info, worldwide there are 5 or 6 different versions of that ECU at least, not that you are likely to see many of them. The following are K5 part numbers, from the initial release of the K5 microfiche.

32920-41G00 - UK and EU
32920-41G20 - Australia
32920-41G30 - Also EU, probably the low power version.

These models all have the immobiliser. As you have listed -41G60, I would expect there is a G40 and G50 as well.

My opinion is that it seems likely the US market changed to the G60 ecu with the model change to K6.

#6 ·
Thanks for the link. After reading through it though I'm not sure if the problem was the version of ECU or that their individual units just failed and replacing them with new units of the original version would have fixed their problem.

Also just because I found a difference in the software between the two does not rule out a hardware change between the two to correct for a known overheating problem.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and disassemble both and compare them line by line if I want to find out for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.