Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K5 is King Beat 2 Busa\'s tonight!

I got to stop being a wuzzy an get out of the hole faster. the power of the k5 1000 is so sweet to be able to walk down 2 busa in a 3 way race, an the busa's
had full systems on them to an im stock.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Re: K5 is King Beat 2 Busa\'s tonight!

LMAO, that will take the wind out of someone when you do that.....heheheheh

·
Registered
534 Posts

Good job! I thought if was hilarious when I beat a Busa about a week ago.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

When we got back around an pulled over they were like that mutha%@^^ is fast an i was like i told u so . Now only if i can beat my other buddy wit an 02 1k man he spanks my ass so bad by like 3 bikes plus he only is like 140 pounds an im like 190 so i think that plays a part.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

I've been wondering how the thou would do up against a busa or a zx12. Excellent story.

·
Banned
44 Posts

My buddy has an 02 1k and I spanked the shit out his bike last weekend. The K5 is unbelievably fast. Still waiting on that Busa to bite though.

·
Registered
36 Posts

lol, enjoy your little fantasies boys...the Busa still reigns supreme. Your Busa opponents cannot ride..you just cannot hide from the Busa's torque and launching abilities.

·
Registered
351 Posts

lol, enjoy your little fantasies boys...the Busa still reigns supreme. Your Busa opponents cannot ride..you just cannot hide from the Busa's torque and launching abilities.
no it doesnt, the busa is garbage. its ugly, it cant handle and its too heavy. only thing going for it is torque.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Hey dondon I thought those busas beat the 2nd go round?

·
Registered
48 Posts

ive owned 2 gsxr1000's and they are fast we all know that,I just bought a busa and yes it has alot of torque,and I can launch that thing so much better then a 1000 and it pulls like a freight train to about 9k,Im still in the break in process so dont wanna mess it up.when I get her broke in, a friend of mine with an 05 1000 wants to run it against me from a dig so we will see what happens.I am right at 175 lbs and he is at about 210lbs,wish him luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hey dondon I thought those busas beat the 2nd go round?
No sweetheart we raced 3 times they beat me the first an the other 2 times I WALKED THEM DOWN IN 3rd! TEETOEJAY!!! an u know wut 2 busa's im TALKING about.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I pulled away from an '04 GSX-R 1K w/ mods from a 70 mph roll.

Damn this '05 can move.

·
Registered
351 Posts

if were telling kill stories, i gave a cbr 1k the hit from an 80 roll on the freeway and waited till he was about 3 bike lengths in front then punched it... i stopped his pull immediately and put about 6-7 bike lengths on him in no time at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Well I just had my second run in the weekend with the " '05 Gix", them boys are fast. The first one we did a bunch of runs at speed from 60mph to 100mph running up to mid 170's. The first was a friend, a pretty good rider and about 40lbs lighter than me and about the same on ability. I have a slip on and his is bone stock. Pretty much dead even, I pulled on him a few times but I think that was just because I got the jump. The one this weekend I pulled on him every time, but I don't think he was as good a rider. I've never had a bike pass me WOT, take that for what it's worth. But them '05 gixxers are always right on my ass. It's an impressive bike.IMO

·
Registered
219 Posts

The 05 gixxer may be a beast, but I've seen a couple of them get walked on by 04's. Before anyone says it I just want to make it clear that they are all very experienced riders. It seems that if you can carry the 04 on the front wheel it pulls a little harder than the 05. At least this has been my experience with them. I have also had one of my friends tell me that his 03 handles much better at the track and is getting faster track times on his K3. He is now looking at trading off his K5 and getting another K3. Seems like some of the K5's don't run as well as others.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts

Damn it must all be the rider cuz i got my ass handed to me by a fat kid on a Ninja 250. It must have been cuz he had a slip on. They are known to give gains around 100+ HP.

I think i heard my welds starting to break apart.

I am selling my 05 1k and getting a moped. Do not worry I am going to put a full system on it as they add at least 200 HP.

·
Registered
351 Posts

The 05 gixxer may be a beast, but I've seen a couple of them get walked on by 04's. Before anyone says it I just want to make it clear that they are all very experienced riders. It seems that if you can carry the 04 on the front wheel it pulls a little harder than the 05. At least this has been my experience with them. I have also had one of my friends tell me that his 03 handles much better at the track and is getting faster track times on his K3. He is now looking at trading off his K5 and getting another K3. Seems like some of the K5's don't run as well as others.
hahahahahaahaha that hillarious man. im not a big suzuki fan, and i wouldnt ride ANY other suzuki then this one. the k3 is slower EVERYWHERE. the k4 is ugly, heavier, worse handling and slower. again, with most bikes youre beating the rider not the actual bike. the k5 is the best suzuki ever created. its obvious, i wouldnt have sold my r1 for one if it was slower/worse handling then a slow 03.

·
Registered
219 Posts

FYI,,,,,,,,,turn signals on the mirrors......touring makeover for the body style? Some type of funky looking exhaust? No offense I like the K5, but I'll be D*mned if it's better looking. Once again just because you own something doesn't make it better than everyone else's. If you lived around Columbus Ohio I would take you down and let you watch some of the track times. Cant beat the facts at the track if you have the same person riding both models. Might not want to believe it, but that's just because you own one. And while I have seen bikes that are quicker than the K4, to me they are also the best. Didn't have to sell anything for mine.........so anyway........back up the fact that the 2005 is better in everyway. Not every 2005 has the same specs due to fluctuations in the motor when it is made. Sorry.....but since I don't own one I can give an unbiased oppinion. And no....the K4 is not the best just because I own one.......but to me I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

·
Banned
92 Posts

+1

1 - 20 of 35 Posts