Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's I just got back from the dealer today and I got a reality check on the situation with the K5. Thank God I've already got my deposit down, so I'm set.

We all have heard the story that the new K5 is a monster and it's breaking all standards set before it. So that only means one thing, this bike is going to be difficult to get a hold of. I have already been reading stories of the guy's in Canada having a short supply.

From the information I got from my dealer the bikes are already here in the US at an undisclosed location and they are waiting to be shipped. My bike should be here in a couple of weeks, but it's possible it may not get here until the end of March. That's the word I got.

The demand is high and I think the deals are going to be few and far between with this particular bike. All you guy's that are claiming these low prices are either full of sh#t or you are very lucky. All the bikes in my area are all going for MSRP plus setup and freight! Sounds crazy I know but that's what's going on in my area.

So I advise those who are waiting you better get your deposits in cause the way it looks now this bike is going to be hard to get. At least initially but who knows how many will continue to be produced by Suzuki???

Any more thoughts from the eyes and ears that really know what's going on would help this post. But that's what I sense is the situation.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gsxrulez said:
No BS man 10,500 out the door here in Colorado so it is not a bunch of BS shocking ok buddy.
That's a good buy. I paid $11,200 OTD but that includes all my taxes. I live in another state from where I bought the bike so no tax breaks for me.

I don't feel too bad about it because I've been waiting for this for awhile and I'm willing to pay a little more now then get a better deal later.

I know some of you are probably going to bash me because I paid so much but from my perspective on the onset that's what I'm going to have pay no matter where I go within a reasonable driving distance to get the bike.

Please guy's post up your costs if you can too make me feel a little better (or worse
). I hope I wasn't the only one that had to pay MSRP + some.

But hey I'm going to feel pretty damn good when I get the bike. I need a beer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think that is a fair price my friend went to another dealer because I am first at our local one and he did not want to wait so he is paying 12500 with taxes included but he is first on thier list hahahah. I would wait and be second for a better deal but that is just me. I wont take a blk/yel but whtie/blue and blk/grey I am likeing those two the best. I think you got a alright deal so who cares what everyone says buddy. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Well you'll hate me, and this being my first post, it might be hard to believe, but I'm getting mine 10,299.00 OTD.

Arspowersports.com

I'm coming from an R6 to this beast and the demensions and wieght sold for me, since I was looking for a 1 liter, actually a cbr 1000, but I couldn't pass up that price!

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drtymex said:
Well you'll hate me, and this being my first post, it might be hard to believe, but I'm getting mine 10,299.00 OTD.

Arspowersports.com

I'm coming from an R6 to this beast and the demensions and wieght sold for me, since I was looking for a 1 liter, actually a cbr 1000, but I couldn't pass up that price!
Nice to meet you guy's, and glad to see you post up.

You got a really good deal. Your price is similar to others that I've read about. I think it just depends on where you live or who you buy the bike from. $10 to $12K that puts me in the middle so not so bad.

Congrats Brothers on the new bike!!!

Now I just have to wait a few weeks and I'm free from my cage.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hear that shocking had the money down on it since september. It seems like the longest period of my life hahahahaahahah.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gsxrulez said:
I hear that shocking had the money down on it since september. It seems like the longest period of my life hahahahaahahah.
Not true. I had my 750 then. And lets hope you don't have multiple personalities here at GDC.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GixxaQue said:
i got mine here in Baltimore for 10,500 out the door (and we brought two) my frat brother got one too. his is blk/gry mine ylw/blk. with 10% off equip.
Thanks man for the honest reply.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i know a cat that got his for 9400 in OK! who cares what you paid for it. You already spent at least 9 grand, so wats 10? Just be happy your all gettin the pimp daddy of them all. I waiting for my black 04 1000 and im tickled pink. You should all be happy cause your paying for somethin thats faster then mine!

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anthony simone said:
i know a cat that got his for 9400 in OK! who cares what you paid for it. You already spent at least 9 grand, so wats 10? Just be happy your all gettin the pimp daddy of them all. I waiting for my black 04 1000 and im tickled pink. You should all be happy cause your paying for somethin thats faster then mine!
Thanks bro, I know it really doesn't matter the important thing is getting the bike and enjoying it and yes I'm stoked.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thechromespot said:
Most dealers around here want MSRP plus tax, tag and title. I went to Rockingham and got $10,100 and some odd dollars OTD.
Nice bro and congrats! I believe that the MSRP will be the norm and not everyone who buys will visit at GDC but seems like a few here that did do well. Thanks guys for your thoughts.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Got mine for $10,400 otd this price includes everything taxes, my dealer does not charge freight or doc fees. My dealer also gave me 25% off all gear for me and or my bike. Thank god for my boss which bought 5 rx1 sleds from him, made my day because I saved a ton og cash on my back and soon to be gear.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RobTLR said:
Got mine for $10,400 otd this price includes everything taxes, my dealer does not charge freight or doc fees. My dealer also gave me 25% off all gear for me and or my bike. Thank god for my boss which bought 5 rx1 sleds from him, made my day because I saved a ton og cash on my back and soon to be gear.
Wow so it sounds like you got a favor from another deal. 10,400 is better than $10,849. I paid the full price plus freight and setup so I basically got the full price that most dealers are looking for from customers. Anything less is getting a very good deal on a premier class machine on opening day. Congrats to you bro, this bike is going to be a lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts