Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my K2 1000 and picked up a K5. I can say this thing is a beast. My question is does anyone else have head shake on the K5? It does it under a hard 2nd gear pull and from time to time when I set a wheelie down (70-90 mph). I have owned 8 GSXR's over the years and have neve hadr a bike act lkie this one.

I have checked to make sure the everything is straight and true.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Solid as a rock here. Only time I got any shake was when I brought the front wheel down with the bars cocked to the right a bit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, mind does the same thing before the clutch went out an its still at the dealer, but htats another story, i think the first mod on it will be an aftermarket steering damper i would hate to see what it rides like with out the stock one

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yep....I get it too....but under that hard acceleration the front end is so light and propably skipping througout the pull....so headshake isn't that hard to believe....Nothing bad though, just slight shake. An aftermarket Dampner or 40W in your stock will take care if it

·
Registered
382 Posts
remember this is a dedicated race bike right out from the crate.. its different ball here . you gonna feel everything just like a race bike would ...more feedback/extra character. not a street minded bike
+1

I don't know how you could NOT have any headshake with this bike. It's usually pretty tame unless you're accelerating full on or it's windy out, landing a wheelie etc.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
if you watch the barber superbike race. both yates and miladins gix had big ass head shake and bike wobble under heavy excel.

·
Registered
458 Posts
This may be dumb advice but maybe you have a death grip on the bars? If you are holding them too tight w/ your arms stiff then you will actually magnify any head shake you get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.