Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems there have been a ton of posts lately about the K5 bikes having a lot of problems that the K4 models did not have or were never posted about (which I find suprising as the bikes are nearly identical). What do you think? Anyone else noticed this? Later,

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Re: K5 Gix 600s / 750s Having More Problems than the K4 Mode

I've had 04 750 and now I have 05 750, haven't had any problems yet. Knock on wood. Only issue I've had with my 04 750 was squeaky rear brake and so far I don't even have that squeak with my 05 750.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So far my K5 600 has suttered leaking forkseals and a faulty tailpiece. Tailpiece was replaced under warrenty however Suzuki NZ wouldn't cover the forkseals. A mate had a K4 600 and had no probs at all.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ive had only one big problem with my 05 600.. When it gets above about 9000 rpm, it sounds really loud, and starts going really fast.. is this normal?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've had both, both had the same problem. The forks or something up front creaks and crack when I brake hard. Then when I release the brakes and start to go I can heard it crack back into place. I'm not sure what it is.....

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
5000 miles, 3 track days - did someone say they've got problems? only when you WOT at max lean angle

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: K5 Gix 600s / 750s Having More Problems than the K4 Mode

'04 600 with almost 13k miles... running like a dream

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've had both, both had the same problem. The forks or something up front creaks and crack when I brake hard. Then when I release the brakes and start to go I can heard it crack back into place. I'm not sure what it is.....
most likely thats the head barings,....
you can have them swaped up for about $150.00 with all balls racing barings ...
my (then new) 04 were bad with less then 3000 miles, I noticed it
when I had the forks re-sprung...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts