Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone change theere gearing on there k5 if so what did you change it to? an how is the ridibility of it im thinking of droping 1 tooth in the front for a lilte more take off power

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
+2 in the rear seems to be ideal for street riding.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there any reason why i shouldnt go -1 down in the front? reason i ask is because i already have a 16 tooth sprocket for it? an my other question are the wheelies uncontrollable with this gearing

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you're looking for more take-off and low end torque leave the front stock and go up +2 in the rear,and yes it'll wheelie a lot better.

·
4-gear fast guy
258 Posts
I went -1/+1 on my '05 race bike. Haven't ridden it yet since I made the change, so I can't report on how well it works. Will know after this weekend though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
what if you go -1/+2????? Will this be uncontrollable? And will you have to get a new chain with any sprocket change?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have tried both -1 on front and +2 on rear(not at the same time) Either seems to work ok without lowering it too much

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Did -1 and +2 on my 01...

It all depends on what you are after, riding style, where you normally keep your motor (rev range), etc.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Or -1 on the front

1 - 18 of 18 Posts