Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been waiting a week and they showed up yesterday
. ordered them thru kneedraggers.com. made by shogun, bolt right on, no cutting involved, very easy. bike is blue/white, an i got white sliders. total cost incl. shipping was about $43. Funny thing is i was going to buy some thru my stealership but they told me for for suzuki sliders it would be $70 and the plastic would have to be cut.
WTF?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
The more and more I look at my shogun frame sliders, and the more I've seen other ones, I worry that the money I have saved may not be worth it as they appear to be slight and perhaps flimsy by comparison.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought the Vortex 2 piece ones from Kneedraggers. The left side needs cut for these, just use a 1 3/4" hole saw and smooth it out with a dremel. The look good.
the web site says "This frame slider kit does not require fairing modification" or did you have to trim the slider itself. also do you have a pic

·
Registered
149 Posts
the stem on the mv looks kinda thin. not nearly as beefy as the suzuki factory stems. think it's crash worthy?

webber, do the mv's really mount without plastic mod?

·
Registered
149 Posts
crap i can't decide which ones to order... rg racing, mv, or shogun. wish i could see them in person

·
Registered
149 Posts
i dont mind waiting for any of this shit. im gonna be waiting atleast a month for new exhaust and shit im gonna keep this bike for atleast 2 years if not 3 so id rather take my time making decisions

·
Registered
382 Posts
i dont mind waiting for any of this shit. im gonna be waiting atleast a month for new exhaust and shit im gonna keep this bike for atleast 2 years if not 3 so id rather take my time making decisions
I hear you on that it's just that there's a few things I'd like to get as soon as possible. Like frame sliders (ASAP!) and a Puig dark smoke DB.

Honestly this is the first new bike that I've bought which I feel doesn't need a whole lot if anything. Fucker rides like a dream and endless power reserve. Very happy with the bike just can't wait to get a few trick bits on it

·
Registered
149 Posts
yea i hear ya. im sure it sounds lame but what got me most excited about this bike was cosmetic shit. namely, integrated rear turn signals and front turn signals. who wants to buy a bike and instantly have a ton of cosmetic work to do to make it look NOT gay. and with other bikes, even after you take the front turn signals off, you still have holes you gotta fill with blockoffs or put crappy aftermarket lights in.

the rear hugger is ok but it's way too short and anyway im just happy it finally provides mounting holes for a NICE hugger.

technically, i love the slipper clutch and the ultra linear power delivery. the bike is as silky and mild mannered as my 04 gixxer 600 until i want it to not be

·
Registered
382 Posts
That's not lame at all. It is a nice feature not having to worry about how to ditch the stock, outdated, big-ass turn signals that usually come from the factory on new bikes. Just a few less things to worry about in my book.

The cosmetics to me were just a bonus. After all the reading I've done on the new 1k I was going to buy it regardless of how it looked. Everything else, including the gear indicator was just gravy.

If you find a better hugger let me know, I noticed mine isn't doing anything about road debris hitting the undertail.

This bike is w/o a doubt the best machine I've ever experienced. The power delivery as you mentioned is smooth as silk. It's got tons of power but delivery keeps it tame. I was worried about it having "too much" power and how it would handle powering out of curves but so far no problem! I think the only thing I'm going to have to worry about with this bike is how quickly it'll eat up tires...

·
Registered
149 Posts
word, man, word. when the final pics weren't even released i was already so dead set on buying it i sold my '04 gixxer 600. same as you, i didn't care how it looked because the technical info was so exciting. but then having the final cosmetic info come out and having those features (integrated turn signals and shit) be there, i just straight up got a boner.

ill probably go with a pyramid hugger/chainguard combo, unless someone knows of a better one? (http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.