Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my GSXR-1000 yesterday, and I am brand new to the community. The dealership told me that there are no parts available for this bike yet, but I am sure you guys know more than them...

Where can I get these items, or are they not available yet?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
231 Posts
AF1Racing.com then look under motivation race frame sliders and yuo will see the info compared to the shoguns also available the motivation sliders are a work of art they were designed to fit this bike perfect without touching the bodywork. the hardest part was taking off the factory bollts. B

·
Banned
14,060 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
How do the sliders clear the left faring? It must be close.
I have the Shogun sliders from moto911. As you can see they notch out the top of the slider to clear the fairing. It's a pretty tight fit and the slider still pushes up very slightly on the fairing, but definately don't need to cut.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Thanks for that info.
I had an 04750 and the sliders just rested on the faring. After a couple of months there was a mark under the the slider. Ya couldn`t see it until ya took the faring off and I suspected the same would happen to this bike.
I Put a deposit on a K5 today & I want to put sliders on it and that is good info you have provided .

Thanks again.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Actually the sliders get different torques this year if take a torque wrench to it you will see that the right side gets 54 and the left gets the 39.8 that you are saying the post that was done earlier last week someone posted the spec sheet its self and I looked at the manual that my friend at my local dealer has.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
The AF1 sliders suck. I bought them and the aluminum part DOES touch the fairing and will wear a hole in it due to vibration. I trimmed the slider but it looked lousy. Bought the shoguns. Installed them last night. They fit perfect. The torque for BOTH sides is 40 ft-lbs. I went to my dealer and he showed me the 05 manual. How would you set a torque wrench for 39.8? The bolts are both 10 mm and torque is based on diameter, strength of material and thread engagement. I'm a mechanical engineer so make sure you torque both sides to the same value. Use some blue loctite also to prevent loosening.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Re: K5 Frame Sliders, Fender Eliminator, Double Bubble Shiel

My MV sliders fit perfect and I think look real nice.. I love my MV spool sliders and the tank guard I bought from www.sportbikedesigns.com looks so nice, just with all the rain today I havent gotten a chance to put it on yet..

·
Registered
408 Posts

I can set my torque wrench to 39.8! What kind of wrench are you using?

·
Registered
438 Posts

I can set my torque wrench to 39.8! What kind of wrench are you using?
I had never used a torque wrench before and was able to set my friends to 39.8..

·
Premium Member
841 Posts

I guess ya could come close to 39.8. My wrench I could eyeball that but torque is not tremendously accurate. It depends on material, yield strength of the bolt and what you're bolting to, lubrication, bolt class and when you torque something you can actually be + or - 20% of the value on the wrench. 0.2 ft-lbs is nothing unless your torquing very small fasteners. 35 ot 45 ft-lbs would work just about the same as 40 for this application. That's why manufacturers normally specify nice whole numbers like 40 instead of 39.8. I work at a power plant and work on a variety of equipment. I deal with these kind of issues everyday. Just be careful when tightening equipment. Especially softer materials like aluminum. That concudes todays lesson on torque...lol

·
Premium Member
841 Posts

Oh by the way. My wrench is in 0.5 ft-lb increments so I the best it will do is 39.5. It's a craftsman dial type that you rotate the handle and set torque. So I'm sure you CAN torque to 39.8 but I guess my point is it's not necessary. But the manual does say 40

·
Registered
472 Posts

What is shoguns web site? And has anyone done anything about the rear fender yet? I took the reflectors off and sawed off the plastic below the plate but want something pro looking.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts

pm c5vette if you want the bracket for your plate it's only 25 bucks. I got my shoguns from moto911.com.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

Why in the heck would you want chassis protectors that make you cut your side panels to install them? There are several frame slider models out there that don't require you to cut anything. Yoshimura for one sells no-cut sliders, the same ones some race teams use.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.