Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don`t pay too much attention to dyno runs. Dyno`s are a tuning tool.
What ya get off one, it will be different on another.
I reckon I know for a dyno that would give me 170. Won`t make the bike go any better thou.

This run was interesting because it was the same dyno and sam etuner that did my K4.
I didn`t need a dyno to let me know it had bigger balls than my K4.

PC3 Custom mp Yosh TRS slipon

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
7hp and 2 ft. pounds from a TRS slip-on and PC3 huh.

Well, I have the slip-on on already, and PC3 is in the mail.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice map. Someone had a big gain in horsepower, but it really didn't open up util 11k. Yours opens up from the bottom. Promising.

·
Registered
111 Posts
CLOSETOTHEEDGE id be interested in seiing the diff betwween stock and with yosh slip-on (any loss before you remap?) Does the remap with the pc give much?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Another interesting thing is that this curve shows no power loss down low as a result of losing the SET. Also, as opposed to some other dyno sheets people have posted, yours actually drops off at 13,500 where as some other people's were dropping off 1,000 rpm sooner.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Another interesting thing is that this curve shows no power loss down low as a result of losing the SET. Also, as opposed to some other dyno sheets people have posted, yours actually drops off at 13,500 where as some other people's were dropping off 1,000 rpm sooner.
Thats a nice even gain of HP and torque. How does it feel on the road with those gains?

Do you loose the SET with that slip-on?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
SPL yeah that looks like an awesome curve....but just with the slip on what would the curve look like? Similar?

My guess is the PC3 cleaned it up alot over stock with the custom map. They say a custom map is definately worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CLOSETOTHEEDGE id be interested in seiing the diff betwween stock and with yosh slip-on (any loss before you remap?) Does the remap with the pc give much?
Yeah good question I`ll post Stock, Slipon and Mapped. The PC smoothed it out a bit more but could have just about got away without it.

Hows it feel? It starts hammering from about 5000 and it fells better than sex.

·
Registered
111 Posts
howesome, im impressed, but not by the power comander, they can keep that little tool...300$ for 1.9hp plus the map.....A STEAL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
i know about the set...this device is cool for a stock exhaust because it can quiet the machine for emissions laws at lot rpm and open to better flow later which means good up top power stock...but its no straight trought exhaust...Suzuki have designed the stock header in fonction people could easily swap the big bitch (stock mufler-elbow joint).
CLOSE TO THE EDGE does the YOSH is noticeably lighter than stock?

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
I don`t pay too much attention to dyno runs. Dyno`s are a tuning tool.
What ya get off one, it will be different on another.
I reckon I know for a dyno that would give me 170. Won`t make the bike go any better thou.

This run was interesting because it was the same dyno and sam etuner that did my K4.
I didn`t need a dyno to let me know it had bigger balls than my K4.

PC3 Custom mp Yosh TRS slipon
Good run Mick, the K5 is certainly wilder, no doubt about it.

What did your K4 run on that machine and did you do a stock versus slip-on and map with it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts