Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my K5 custom mapped. I already had an M4 slip-on, BMC race filter, 520 conversion with stock gearing and PC III USB installed with M325-001b map for Completely Stock Bike (Revised). I wish I would not have installed the PC before the first dyno run, looks as if it actually hurt (see air fuel ratio how it dropped off). My bike makes more Max HP with slip-on than any of my friends K5's that were customed mapped with full systems and similiar mods (both of them are 160hp). This is the first time I have used a slip-on and glad I did.
Max Power = 163.3
Max Torque = 81.0

[/image]

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
was all the bike run on the same dyno?

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
wow i would have never though that.

·
Registered
335 Posts
sorry but you'll never get 20hp from mapping and from the looks of the first run something went squirlly on top there.

Either the sensor came out of the pipe or the map in the bike was really jacked up.

·
Registered
941 Posts
your A/F ratio is way out of wack also..should be right at 13 almost all the way...looks rich...and a 20 HP gain from a slip on, PC and map...wow Really hard to believe...I had to do a stage 2 kit to my 04 to get 20 more HP out of it from bone stock...looks impressive though..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gotta agree with the previous posts, it's hard to imagine 20hp gain with your mods, I will add that if the A/F ratio reading is correct, there is more power to be had with a "good" custom map.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Why do you guys think his dyno is crap? The tuning on the first run is so rich that he could add a turbocharger and have enough fuel (exagerated, but you get the idea). Do you know what that does to a NA engine? It kills power dramatically. NA engines should be in the 13.5:1 range for optimal performance, which is why his second run is much better.

I would say he didnt gain 20 whp from what he has done, I would say he gained about 8 whp over stock (mid 150's), but since the tuning of the first run was such shit, it robbed a lot of power the bike had. Now that its properly tuned it is showing the power gains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts