Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Folks

Not sure how to describe it but sometimes the clutch cable on my K5 (350 miles) feels like snapped broken when I pull the clutch lever.... It seems to happen when I don't ride it hard and the it's only felt in the very beginning of the pulling (lever wise). I had clutch cable broke while riding and it felt just like that.... Any idea? Is it the nature of slippery clutch?

I checked the clutch cable with tank tilt up and it's not twisted or anything. I have also adjusted the clutch accordingly by the manual (half turn out). Oil has been changed (it happened before oil change anyway). Can it be something with defective springs?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Mine is doing it too...
Im going to spin the adjuster up on the bar end a few degrees, I think that will do it......
Very Subtle just barely noticible

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Re: K5 clutch cable snap (sort of) when I pull the clutch le

I greased it, and it went away ...

·
Registered
4,787 Posts

Well, cable lubed it .. ya know what I mean. I had the same thing.

·
Registered
167 Posts

My used to do it, but it stopped doing it now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mm~, so it's just the cable? I will try to lube it tomorrow. I did try to adjust the adjuster from the lever end with loose or tight but it just won't go away....

I had more than 15 bikes from different makes in the last 10 years (all bought new) and none of them required so much "attention" like this one. I think they are simply rushing the production too soon to meet the deadline. I have found many nuts and bolts over tightened on this bike straight from the factory. It's just too bad when a good design is ruined by the process of making it. Suzuki should definitely slow down a bit.

I will post the result soon. Thanks for your advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts