Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did what the book said. I unlosened the screw turned the pin tighten the screw till it got a little tight and backed it out a half of turn. After i did that it is worse than what it was. The take off is a lot better not a much gas to get off but the bike pulls now while in firist gear and idling and netural is very hard to find and the shifting is alot more different {tighter}.Also while sitting still shifting into first and second back a forth it pops way louder now. Can anybody help me before i have to pay this stupid dealer money to look at it. I would greatly app if someone can explian in good detail what is wrong how to fix it. Also i did take the adjustment at that clutch lever all the way to the handle before doing the advance adjustment. Thanks alot if anyone can help me. I hate the dealer in my area and i have never really done this stuff so all of your guys help is greatly app. thanks again and stay safe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whats up J-Roc///I just did my adjustment. And it was all good after...I just need to change my oil now. One thing U MUST DO....is adjust your clutch freeplay to 10-15 MM. If you do not adjust this your not gonna have your bike running right.

Also check your oil level...be sure it is not too high. I have noticed that when my level is high...shifting is stiffer....good luck . PM me if u need more help.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Sounds like the innner screw you turned 1/2 turn out might have turned when you tighted the bolt that hold it in place causing you clutch to be mis-adjusted.

Start over from step one and see if that does not fix it before you take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
can u make that adjustment again without draining the the oil.
Yes you can, and I agree with rraiderr, do the adjustment again and make 100% sure the screw doesn't turn while tightening the lock nut.
Before you that make sure you have the right freeplay (10-15mm) at the lever by adjusting this on the engine side of the clutch cable. When you do this you should have your lever adjuster turned ALL the way in (clockwise).
After you have adjusted the cable then proceed with the other adjustment inside the cover. There will be no oil there.

If you still have problems, which I think you will not, take it to the dealer.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Place a small amount of Liquid Paper to use it as a reference point (small dot). It will be easier to tell if the screw moved when the nut is tightened.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Place a small amount of Liquid Paper to use it as a reference point (small dot). It will be easier to tell if the screw moved when the nut is tightened.

Thats a good idea!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts