Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats if you own a 2005 GSX-R 1000! I'm looking into getting the k5 mirrors for my k3 600. so basically: Do you like the mirrors? Can they be seen good during daylight? I've heard mixed reviews so looking for some feedback from those who actually "own" this bike. Here's to nice riding weather

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you like looking at your elbows while riding these mirrors are great!!

I personally like the blinkers in the mirrors though....It would be nice if you had better visability behind you w/ them....but I'm not complaining

·
Registered
466 Posts
I do like the fact that the new K5 mirrors and signals are integrated, but that's because I can unplug them for track days and not have signals attatched to the fairings. The blinkers are great for visibility to other drivers since they are up higher. As for the mirrors, the way they made them inset within the plastic shell (not like your K3 600) makes them prone to high speed (freeway) vibrations and you can't see clearly behind you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
im 5' 11" 180 and my mirrors are fine they can be adjusted there just harder then normal

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
The mirrors are ok just not great, I do like the fact that there are no side markers on the body. It's a good concept but the mirrors need to be designed to isolate vibrations. I can see fine but the vibration makes it a little fuzzy. I don't spend much time looking in the mirrors unless I'm riding in traffic, and I can see good enough.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I'm used to them at this point I don't give a shit. Just waiting for my LED bulbs to come in for them now.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I don't spend much time looking in the mirrors unless I'm riding in traffic, and I can see good enough.
Agree.
I have gotten used to them and they don't bother me at all.

Here in Korea you definately need to have your focus on what is going on in front of you when riding in traffic.

Everything dissapears so fast in them anyways

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.