Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders! I've just purchased my first bike a 2004 Suzuki GSXR 600. I love the bike everything about it but I'm having and issue and I can't seem to figure out what it is to save my life. I'm an auto tech at a shop so I'm mechanically inclined but when it comes to bikes it's a whole new ball game. So here's my issue and what I've done to try and diagnose it myself.
While riding before reaching 160 degrees I can rap the bike out all the way to redline smoothly. When and after 160 degrees it will rev to 12k and then stop and try to rev to redline if I let the throttle out to like 50% it'll climb but stupid slow to redline. I've change my plugs, my oil, I checked my air filter, I've checked my fuel pressure, my STVA tested faulty so I sent it to the geek and had it fixed got it back and there's nothin I can imagine that made that bad again cause it's functioning. My next thought is to check my ECU. I've checked and adjusted my clutch and throttle cables. Any help is greatly appreciated. The previous owner never really rode the bike just used it to cruise around on and in trying to ride the bike the way it was meant to be riden. The bike doesn't have any mods besides a yoshimura header and exhaust. No programmer at all. Also no FI light.

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
I don't want to sound like a broken record but there seems to be a rash of fueling problems in the last couple weeks, myself included.

You say the pressure checks out ok, did you check the flow rate from the pump?

Just because the pressure is good doesn't mean the flow is also good. Worth a look, and it doesn't cost anything to check it yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't check the flow rate. I did download a service manual just incase someone does say to download it. How would I check the flow rate?

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
Well, downloading it is half the battle. Maybe you want to look through it in the fuel section, under pump test?

Oh, you could have asked one of the moderators to move your thread instead of making another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
ProfessorBlaze
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing