Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have advice on good quality chain and sprocket kit for GSX-R 600 k4?
Mine is ready for replacing but from searching online, there is just so many variations to choose from!! 馃お
Any help really appreciated (y)

Registered
Anyone have advice on good quality chain and sprocket kit for GSX-R 600 k4?
Mine is ready for replacing but from searching online, there is just so many variations to choose from!! 馃お
Any help really appreciated (y)
Do you want to stay stock or are you looking to alter performance? If alter performance, would you like it to be more responsive to the throttle or have a higher top speed? The kits from Vortex and Driven can make it pretty easy to get everything you need or you can buy the front and rear sprocket separately as well as the chain. I personally like the Renthal ultralight front sprocket over the Vortex (I have both). The ultralight is a little lighter than the Vortex and in my opinion, has better build quality. My Vortex rear seems okay and I really like the look but I have a Superlite rear on the way to compare. Again, this is for my personal needs.

It really comes down to what you want from the change. If you are not quite sure, Driven and Vortex make it pretty easy and both sell a lot of kits.

Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
Driven sprockets and RK chain. Don't go for looks on the sprocket. Go with what works. A lot of the cool looking sprockets don't last long. I'd even recommend a steel rear sprocket instead of aluminum. It will last a really long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts